Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
too loud of pipes get on my nerves. i do a whole lot of ridin' and i don't like hearin' all that noise. that's why i still got the stock pipes on my vtx. but everyone is different.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
too loud of pipes get on my nerves. i do a whole lot of ridin' and i don't like hearin' all that noise. that's why i still got the stock pipes on my vtx. but everyone is different.
Then you wouldn't like my bike or riding behind me.:shock:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

i might not... haha.

but i know i like lookin' at your bike on here! looks sharp and it's super quiet on the computer screen! :lol:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I still have stock pipes.

I don't have a preference whether loud or not. I just love the sound of bikes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd have kept stock if my bike came with them, but the previous owner put some Cobra Drag Pipes (I think, they could be the slashcuts, didn't ask) on for the 'hear me/see me" effect.

I might someday change them out for something with a bit less rumble, because they do get pretty deafening when combined with the wind noise above 60, but then again a better helmet might help with that.

I'd say do the holesaw mod or see if somebody is selling what you want here or craiglist.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I'd have kept stock if my bike came with them, but the previous owner put some Cobra Drag Pipes (I think, they could be the slashcuts, didn't ask) on for the 'hear me/see me" effect.

I might someday change them out for something with a bit less rumble, because they do get pretty deafening when combined with the wind noise above 60, but then again a better helmet might help with that.

I'd say do the holesaw mod or see if somebody is selling what you want here or craiglist.
I have some stockers I'll trade ya for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

hey big b, ive been fallowing a lot of your threads and feel you have a lot of experience and know-how.you have a lot of helpful insight and was wonder what u might think bout my situation. im very knew to the cruiser scene and want to get into being a bike tech. im still very ,very green tho. my question...i jst rejeted my bike with a dyno jet kit for the stock mufflers. i have a 2006 honda shadow aero with a two into one stock pipe system, i like the look and am purchasing an extra set from craiges list to kinda play(modify) with. like my post orignally said, i want a deep ,loud , big bike sound...well as much as i can from a 750. would the holesaw mod work on this particular type of pipe combination? cz it looks like there are two exaust tips coming out of the one big baffle..if that makes sense. ...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you like the 2-into-1 look (which I think is pretty spiffy as well) why not splurge for a set of the Cobra Power Pro? It's something to look into if you can't get the holesaw mod to work on the stock pipes.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Honestly, I don't know. I am going to be looking into doing this on my wife's bike. I'm also looking into a set of Cobra Street rods. Can be had on e-bay for 388 and free shipping. I did a you tube search and like the way they sound and look. I'll keep you posted on what I find and decide to do. I am curious though as to why you installed a jet kit with stock pipes?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
If you like the 2-into-1 look (which I think is pretty spiffy as well) why not splurge for a set of the Cobra Power Pro? It's something to look into if you can't get the holesaw mod to work on the stock pipes.

That is a good sounding pipe on the Aero. Search you tube and you'll find some videos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honestly, I don't know. I am going to be looking into doing this on my wife's bike. I'm also looking into a set of Cobra Street rods. Can be had on e-bay for 388 and free shipping. I did a you tube search and like the way they sound and look. I'll keep you posted on what I find and decide to do. I am curious though as to why you installed a jet kit with stock pipes?

thanks Big B. i installed the jet kit initilly cz i had no idea what i was doing and odered a slip on pipe that i was going to install at the same time then realized that the 2 into one system was a bit more difficult than i could handle and the pipe i got was jst not gonna work right.(which is now for sale btw). i figured i would try this mod with another set of stocks so i jst left the kit on. runs pretty good with the specified jet for the stock pipes.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
thanks Big B. i installed the jet kit initilly cz i had no idea what i was doing and odered a slip on pipe that i was going to install at the same time then realized that the 2 into one system was a bit more difficult than i could handle and the pipe i got was jst not gonna work right.(which is now for sale btw). i figured i would try this mod with another set of stocks so i jst left the kit on. runs pretty good with the specified jet for the stock pipes.
That makes sense. Typically, if you are not doing both exhaust and intake, you get get away w/ the stock jets. May need to richen them a lil w/ the mixture screw, but should work. That's how our last 2 Sabres worked out. If not, you can always re-jet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That makes sense. Typically, if you are not doing both exhaust and intake, you get get away w/ the stock jets. May need to richen them a lil w/ the mixture screw, but should work. That's how our last 2 Sabres worked out. If not, you can always re-jet.

cool, if i did go with the holesaw mod do you think rejetting would be needed?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts