Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I bought an '03 ACE around the time I took the MSF course. I'm doing great with learning, btw and ride all over with my husband now. Great bike. Now onto the question. I want to get a rack for my sissy bar that was already on the bike when we bought it, but I can't figure out how to tell what brand it is because it seems on all of the online sites, you have to buy the same brand rack as the sissy bar. Or am I misinterpreting that?

Please be gentle with the complete newb here. I will soon be changing my own oil and installing a windshield and new grips as well. I want to be as much of a DIY girl as possible (with help from the hubby at the start, of course who has experience with all of it......though he has no clue how to tell what type this thing is either).

Thanks in advance!

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Looks like mine that I got used from a bobber maker here on the forum and I've been told that mine are the "Honda Line" ,,hang on I'll find a pic of mine, but I got mine and the luggage rack at the same time, same seller.

Hey, my car tire on the rear really shows up well too. Oops Different topic sorry.

· Registered
57 Posts
Seriously? If it matches my sissy bar, I would be ever grateful MrNewEngland.

Thanks all for the input.
Yeah... I really don't like the way it looks and it was the first thing I took off when I got the bike home. It's just sitting in my shed. I've been swamped at work but when I get off I'll take a picture of it. In the meantime here's a pic of the bike with it on:

I don't know why it WOULDN'T work...

Where are you located? I'm in Charlotte, NC. I'll just want shipping if I send it to you.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
If it's drilled - and it darn-well should have some holes in it somewhere.. Measure the sissy-bar bolt holes on center - the diameters of those holes and the inside bar and outside bar width of the sissy-bar, having those measurements will enure that whatever you find will meet together in some of the right places when you jigsaw puzzle all your bits and pieces together..

Nice Scoot MrNewEngland!! Very :cool: ..And nice to see you haunting the place some ;)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just kept reading on all of the parts websites that they were for use with *insert brand name here* only. But of course the brands have a vested interest in you buying theirs over the competition's products. MrNewEngland, I am in New Jersey and I would be happy to pay you for shipping and even compensate you something fair for the rack. I was going to buy one. This is really helpful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.