Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing some Cobra engine guards on my 2001 Sabre 1100. I know I will need to drill out the hole on the frame to get the bolts to fit, but do I need to paint or somehow treat the drilled out hole? I read in one earlier posting about using nail polish to prevent rusting, but that does not seem like it would be very durable.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Use some black "liquid electrical tape". At Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. used to cover insulation cuts/scraps on wiring (ribbon connectors in computers). Dries to a hard semi-gloss finish and looks like stock paint on frame. Been using it for many, many years on many, many bike frames. IF you look around (electrical suppliers/computer suppliers) they have it a "rainbow of colors".

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Perfect! Thanks Bullz!
Don't think you need to worry to much about the holes, all you are going to do is enlarge them just a little, I did mine and didn't repaint it was just the inside of the hole............

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Yer kinda over-thinking it. Unless you plan on running the bike in some salty water, i.e., winter time, I think you'll be just fine. If it makes you feel better, drill 'em out and take a little brush and paint some Rust-oleum to the holes with some stainless bolts and nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.