Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it is late October and here in New Jersey it is supposed to be the time of year to ride in full gear comfortably, view the leaves and enjoy the scenery here at the Delaware Water Gap. Instead, today I am getting the snow blower out and prepping it for use tomorrow. Ugh!!! I looked for a set of dirt bike tires to fit the bike as snow tires but no one makes a set. (LOL). I guess I am going to have to be stuck on four wheels instead of two. :x

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep...pouring rain south of you bro', no riding today.

You are in the spot for it too. I've been waiting all year to head up that way for the same reasons you stated. So far been a no-go sad to say.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hey-maybe we can get the snow out of the way now and have a dry December, January, February and March?

Temps between 55 and 75 would be perfect...

As long as I'm dreaming may as well dream BIG...

*sigh*

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hey-maybe we can get the snow out of the way now and have a dry December, January, February and March?

Temps between 55 and 75 would be perfect...
That would be perfect. Do we know what they are predicting for this winter? Last winter was a b*tch as I recall. A lot of snow and cold. As this will be my last full time winter in the Northeast I fully expect Mother Nature to throw me a cold snowy winter.

I'm also expanding my business interests in Boston and will be doing a lot of traveling between Philadelphia and Boston. Winters are always a b*itch up there. I'm not looking forward to the next 6 months....

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Nice and sunny here in Cleveland - for a change, we are not getting the nasty weather. Sasquch sent me a pic this morning from Pittsburgh and looks like they got a nice covering of snow there.

Not rubbing it in, folks - I hate the white stuff myself...we'll be getting our fair share of lake effect soon enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A minor winter event came to us too here in New Mexico. I guess it's all over now but for a couple of days our temps were running 20 degrees below normal. I heard talk of snow flurries but I only saw rain. My favorite time of the year I spent in Margate, N.J. was in winter. I put the bike away for a couple of days while the snow was on the ground. Mostly though the streets were dry and the riding good.
L.R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.