Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have been browsing the VTXOA forum, I have become aware of some great deals on used 1300Rs. I now ride a 2002 Shadow Ace 750 and love it. I am about 5'9" tall and about 165lbs. I have sat on several 1300s and like the feel. I am just worried that the control and agility that I am used to may be compromised with a larger bike.

What do you think? Any riders out there that have moved up to a larger bike wish they still had their 750s?

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I went from an VT1100 Shadow to an 1800+ Yamaha. Experienced none of the things your worried about even though I worried about them too. You need to find a way of getting a ride on a 1300 and satisfy yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Vas,

I went from my Aero 750 to a VTX1300 R in the span of three months. I lost $$$ on the Aero, but got a great deal on the 1300.

I will admit to laying it over (standing still) twice due to inattention. You have to be very careful to keep the bike balanced. The first time was simply because I reached into a cargo pocket in my pants to get my work badge...and there she went. The second time, I was just being retarded.

Other than that, it manuevers well and I have never opened it up full throttle. It has power that you'll never need.

Good luck,

Beck

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 1300 vtx is a great bike. You'll love it. I find it to be better balanced and more manueverable than my old Ace 1100.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love the VTX. It is a wonderful bike and I don't think I'd have any regrets selling my Shadow but there are to many memories w/ her now. :wink:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
What do you think? Any riders out there that have moved up to a larger bike wish they still had their 750s?
Sure there are! Similarly, I still like to browse Mustang II's to replace my first car. Would I trade my modern vehicles for Ford's failed-abortion-Mustang? Certainly not! But that doesn't mean I never regret the day it went to the crusher.

I would guess VERY few riders regret moving up from a 750 to a larger bike. The Shadow 750 is a fantastic bike with enough power for everything you want to do, but not enough to get you in trouble without trying. For longer rides, it's not terribly comfortable. For 2up, it's pretty awful.

The VTX is a magnificent setup-up eliminating many of the comfort issues the 750 struggles.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I was reading the thread about deleting old posts. Everyone was saying how usefull the old posts were. I was simply checking on the usefullness of a post on the last page. Seems not too usefull.....

But that being said. I wouldn't delete any old posts, certainly some of them are very valuable. Just not this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts