Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last time I cleaned the bike with a good wax, I didn't put the bags back on right.......:( And one slipped down and melted the %$##&&^ out of the bottom of it, So now I'm looking for new bags (AND cleaning the pipe :mad::mad::mad::mad:) but don't have a ton to spend on the new bags but use them way too much to not have them. What would you suggest for a good inexspensive bag that can hold a bit, Since I am currently single I can scrounge up a few extra dollars (women cost me a fortune) so I figured around $100 give or take, Kind of thought about hard bags too but not too sure how they would look on my spirit. As for ebay they have some real crappy quality on some of there bags, just looking at the pics I can see where they would fail, One set had the straps held on with a single steel rivet.... That would last and not rust in a week LOL Also seen the Hard bags for $70, Not sure what to think on those either, Gotta do a search here to see if any one tried them and see what they thought about them. Well let me know what you have and what is good and not.

Thanks
Dauntae

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well last time I cleaned the bike with a good wax, I didn't put the bags back on right.......:( And one slipped down and melted the %$##&&^ out of the bottom of it, So now I'm looking for new bags (AND cleaning the pipe :mad::mad::mad::mad:) but don't have a ton to spend on the new bags but use them way too much to not have them. What would you suggest for a good inexspensive bag that can hold a bit, Since I am currently single I can scrounge up a few extra dollars (women cost me a fortune) so I figured around $100 give or take, Kind of thought about hard bags too but not too sure how they would look on my spirit. As for ebay they have some real crappy quality on some of there bags, just looking at the pics I can see where they would fail, One set had the straps held on with a single steel rivet.... That would last and not rust in a week LOL Also seen the Hard bags for $70, Not sure what to think on those either, Gotta do a search here to see if any one tried them and see what they thought about them. Well let me know what you have and what is good and not.

Thanks
Dauntae
For $109 I think these are pretty decent hardbags. I had to make my own mounting brackets and will have to paint them to match but still worth it IMO

Motorcycle Hard Bags - DX Saddlebags - Silver DX Motorcycle Saddlebags Hard Bags Saddlebag Honda Yamaha Harley Kawasaki (Powered by CubeCart)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I found some used river road leather bags at a local shop for $50... of course they don't work on my bike and now the wifey doesn't want anything added to her's... I would go with hard bags though, more stable and less chance they will slide and sit on the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The bags on the Virago pictured on my siggy are slant style, leather bags from jafrum.com. The leather is a little thin, but the prices are economical. I haven't seen any signs of rust, but...I live in the fricking desert and haven't seen much rain in a year or so.
Leather Saddlebags - Motorcycle Leather Saddlebags and Saddlebags for Harley

Edit to add a hearty LOL after seeing the link title,;-);-);-)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I put PVC bags on the the bride's bike and wanted to protect them from heat, you could do the same - aluminum flashing plate pop riveted to the bottom. Use 3 or 4 washers to make an air space so the flashing is an effective heat sink. Her bags can sit right on the pipe now with no issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at leatherup, got a few jackets from them and great quality and prices, gotta measure the bike to see which ones will fit better, might be getting a set from them. The ones on my bike look like leather but there not, and melt pretty good too lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
For $109 I think these are pretty decent hardbags. I had to make my own mounting brackets and will have to paint them to match but still worth it IMO

I know this is old but worth the shot, did you mounted those hard saddle and do you have any pictures of the bracket you made, I want to install those exact ones on my VLX600 but have question on the bracket part

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.