Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend's son wrecked his bike, twice in the same night, last week. he is fine. both were parking lot accidents, one was due to avoiding a collision with an old lady and the other was due to slick conditions. he dropped the bike on both sides......

anyway, i told them i'd try to aquire parts and that i'll fix it. my questions is....

what year parts will work for his bike? the bike in question is a 2010 shadow RS 750. we are going to look into possibly getting a parts bike or used parts rather than ordering all new stuff. thanks guys

link to my classified ad looking for parts:

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/55-wanted-board/381922-need-shadow-rs-parts.html

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Just go to a oem parts supplier online and check out their part numbers to see if they're the same as your 2010. They all have diagrams showing parts and their numbers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've purchased many many parts off eBay without a problem. I look for sellers with many parts from the same bike. You'll find a few that take "totaled" bikes and part them out. They are basically salvage companies. I've purchased an exhaust system, mirrors, pegs, and side covers from 2 different guys. The parts were as described, shipped quickly and fit perfectly, since they were directly off the exact same model bike, just a different year. I did enough research on the similarities of the years on the VLX to know they would fit. Doing this saved me a lot of money vs paying for new parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good idea fellas and thanks. a lot going on right now and didnt even think about ebay or looking up oem part numbers. thanks for getting that straightened out for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.