Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am excited that he got himself a bike again! He told me last week that he was looking for a v45 Magna. I did some checking into it. Since I know the owner of the shop that I saw it at last fall, and they are primarily Yammazuki oriented there, he cut my friend a good deal @ $1000 for an 86 v45 with right at 13k on the ticker!

My better half and him are over there picking it up today before the weather turns sour. We loaned him the cash so he wouldnt have to wait until this weekend, that way he can get started on getting it ready to roll! The downside is his wife is likely to kill me for helping him out... :roll: I just hope she dont kill me before I can get some riding in this spring!

Our neighbor has helped us out on several occasions with different little things over the years. I'm just glad to be able to help him out a little with something he wants :)

BTW: I rode the bike last night for a little over a mile and it runs nice! It looks pretty good except for needing the stock sissy bar back, a replacement mirror, and a dent in the tank that he will either fix or replace if he can find an unblemished tank. This bike had to have only been riden in good weather and kept inside for the rest of it's life. Very little of the aluminum has any of the dreaded grunge spots that are so typical on a used bike.

Cheers to Mark!! (Thats his name too.)
I'll have to get him a gremlin bell now!

Anybody have any good V45 links to share?

Mark

·
Registered
590 Posts
What a great NEIGHBOR you are. :) Offer him congrats on his new bike and make sure he takes it slow for awhile until he gets his off the ground. :wink:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spirited said:
What a great NEIGHBOR you are. :) Offer him congrats on his new bike and make sure he takes it slow for awhile until he gets his off the ground. :wink:
Well... Maybe Neighbor wasnt the best choice of words here... He has been a good FRIEND. He would never have asked to borrow money, nor did he. We just knew that the weather was supposed to get nasty here this weekend and wanted to make sure we could get it back for him. The number of people that I would do something like that for I can count on one hand.

His new toy is setting safely in his garage at this point.

He will be looking into a riding course shortly to get in early. Around here they fill up pretty fast. ;)

Mark

·
Registered
335 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts