Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm Victor. After having spent many years using my FZ1 as my sports touring bike, My lower back and wrists have decided I'm getting too old (39) to put speed over comfort. Yesterday I bought my first cruiser bike... A 2008 Honda Shadow 750 Aero. It only has 2,900 miles on it and being I got it cheap and I hear these bikes are reliable, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity. I was told the only minor issue it has, is a slightly internally rusting fuel tank. I was told by a friend that it's an easy fix with some special epoxy like chemicals that I can buy online.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that I love this bike. From the 20 minutes I've spent on this forum, everyone on here seems very nice.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good choice. Congratulations. I love my Aero's mickey mouse mirrors too. Palm trees and flat...hmmmm you are in southern Florida . Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good choice. Congratulations. I love my Aero's mickey mouse mirrors too. Palm trees and flat...hmmmm you are in southern Florida . Welcome aboard.
Thank you. Yes that was a good guess. It is South Florida.... Home of strip malls and boring flat roads. 😜

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Check out a product called RedKote for sealing the tank, easy to use and works very well .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the gang! Great looking bike! Where in Florida are you? I’m in SW FL myself, North Port area
Thank you! I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area. I bought the bike like 2 days ago from the Bradenton area. I do work in SW Florida in Lehigh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts