Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you noticed that Honda now makes the 750 Spirit in a shaft drive with single 34mm carb for 2007. They still have the chain drive, dual carb model.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Shaft drive

I thought it was only the aero like that. They have the 2 available for the spirit???, I would go for the chain and dual carbs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My understanding is that the chain/2 carb is only a filler untill the new model takes over. Honda did not have enough of the new models ready to fill the void. ALL new to arrive 07 Spirit 750's will be of the new design.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer the chain drive and dual carb myself. It has a little more in the go department. I'm having a custom seat made to replace that cheap vinyl crap too. Nice leather with a layer of gel padding.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep. As MarkV siad it has been posted here. It's a VT750C2 Honda Shadow Spirit. To me its a cros between the Spirit and the Aero.

I kinda like it. If it would have been on the Dealers floor when I bought my Aero, I probably would have grabbed it up.

Bruce

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Honda Canada site is showing a 2007 VT750D Shadow Spirit with dual carbs and chain. Looks interesting since the chain drive provides an opportunity to shift the power curve a bit with a different sprocket and shorter chain - might help with any vibration problems. The dual carbs would be a bit peppier, I am thinking.

I am wondering if the clearance might be a bit higher than the Aero. Any comments on that angle? Would be good for my needs to have a bit more clearance.

Would be nice if they did something about the old technology brakes, though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You are correct.

You also missed this page from the Honda Canada site.
http://www.honda.ca/MotorcycleEng/CurrentModels/Cruiser/VT750C27.htm?Year=2007

The first released 2007 Spirits are leftover 2006 models that are badged as 2007, the later 2007 Spirits will be shaft driven and one single carb.

Directly from Honda's site.
http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/cruiser_standard/model.asp?ModelName=Shadow+Spirit+750+(VT750DC)&ModelYear=2007&ModelId=VT750DCA7
http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/cruiser_standard/model.asp?ModelName=Shadow+Spirit+750+(VT750C2)&ModelYear=2007&ModelId=VT750C27

In 2007, Honda designers decided to mess with success, as it were, making some significant design changes. Most notable is the increase in diameter of the front wheel, from 19 to 21 inches.

It turns out that the 21 inch front wheel is only one part of a scheme to redesign the Shadow Spirit 750 for 2007. With a goal of giving the bike a longer, larger look, Honda stretched the wheelbase, integrated an even lower gun fighter-style seat and added shaft drive (the prior model featured chain drive). Simple styling cues that are new to the 2007 model include straight cut rear fender with integrated tail light, along with redesigned handlebars and grab rail. Like the prior machine, the 2007 Shadow Spirit 750 has a minimalist appearance that emphasizes, above all else, the 50° v-twin engine.

gonefishin said:
The Honda Canada site is showing a 2007 VT750D Shadow Spirit with dual carbs and chain. Looks interesting since the chain drive provides an opportunity to shift the power curve a bit with a different sprocket and shorter chain - might help with any vibration problems. The dual carbs would be a bit peppier, I am thinking.

I am wondering if the clearance might be a bit higher than the Aero. Any comments on that angle? Would be good for my needs to have a bit more clearance.

Would be nice if they did something about the old technology brakes, though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seems to me it shares more than the Aero motor and driveshaft, it looks like the frame and other things as well. No doubt they're following the VTX "model" trend by swapping out tin (or plastic), pipes, and wheels to create new "models". Suzuki did the same thing when they made the M50 to replace/emulate the 800 Marauder...they took the C50/Volusia and made some swaps, it's still the same bike save for some cosmetics.

The Shadow Spirit is a chain driven bike. This new bike, as the Delphi Spirit World forum coined the phrase, should be dubbed the "Spaero".

·
Registered
865 Posts
IMO the old style rear fender and tail light look better, and since I only had to adjust my chain twice all last season, I'm not losing any sleep over not having shaft drive. from a maintenance standpoint, maybe one carb is better than two, but probably not a biggie. dual disc front/single disc rear brakes may be nice, but I started years ago with drums on both ends. Bottom line, I prefer my '06 I think.

Now if they had replaced some of the chromed plastic with metal that would be an improvement

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the '06 model. To me, the '07s look nothing like the Spirit. It's more like an Aero with different fenders. I like the drag bars & chain drive on the older model. It looks more like a power cruiser.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nyiles said:
I have the '06 model. To me, the '07s look nothing like the Spirit. It's more like an Aero with different fenders. I like the drag bars & chain drive on the older model. It looks more like a power cruiser.
Ya for sure, I got it in May/2006 as a clear out deal, sweet price. It wasn't any different than the 2006, just saved a lot of $$$$. These Spirits have got to be one of the best value for dollar out there and I think they modify nice,too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Personally, I like the newer model best. I love the shaft drive. You lose some performance, you lose the ability to change gearing, but you gain a much easier maintenance routine for the final drive. 1) pull plugs 2) drain final drive oil 3) put bottom plug back 4) refill with oil 5) put top plug back.

I do agree that dual carbs gives it more pep, but also adds the headache of keeping carbs in synch. I also like the 21" front wheel on the new shadow spirit.

Then again, I'm biased. My 1999 Suzuki Intruder has dual carbs, shaft drive, and a 21" front wheel.

Of course, if you DO like the new Shadow Spirit 750, you should also consider the new Vulcan 900 Custom if you are looking for a new ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts