Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on new bars and, i noticed witht hem the master cylinder is not level now. Is this ok?

If its not can someonr please recommend some alternatives please.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Those aftermarket ones on Amazon for $20 have a flatter profile.
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE BIG ONES!!!
The small $16 one has a tiny resovoir and doesn't last long on anything bigger than a 250.
So look at the measurements before purchasing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That's not terrible. As long as you can fill up the reserve and then cap it off it will work. If you have too get a helper. pull the reserve off the bike, fill up, put the cap back on, reinstall. You'll be fine.

Looks wise I don't like what you have going on there. I would find a flatter for your bars.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,529 Posts
It seems like the brake lever is very low.
Can you reach it in an emergency without twisting your hand a lot?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh its on there losely just to see what it looked like, nothing is hooked up or bolted down.

Thanks for the advice i may look for some new flatter ones, but will use these for the time.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,938 Posts
On my bike I have too turn to the left to check the brake fluid yours needs to steer right by the looks of it.
Since my bike is a 1999 750 ACE take a look at one of those to see if it will get it flatter for you.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,000 Posts
The 750 Spirit brake master sits pretty much level since they were sold with drag style bars from factory, may be your best bet.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
148 Posts
I like those bars. What bike and are you using stock cables ?

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,786 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts