Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Dam, can you stand up straight and scratch your ankles? Those are HIGH!
Coop

·
Registered
325 Posts
Prepare to be hassled by the cops, most states have anti-ape laws. :mad:

New York state motorcycle laws: Handle bars or grips cannot be more than the height of the operator's shoulders.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
16 inch and in ny where i live the cops dont really say much they are right about straight out from my shoulders and actually more comfortable than the stock bar

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Not that my opinion counts as it is your bike, but I never did understand the point of really high ape hangers. I'm not a monkey. I don't want to hang from a tree. But if they work for you I'm glad you like them. The point of riding is to enjoy it, and everyone's tastes are different.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Not that my opinion counts as it is your bike, but I never did understand the point of really high ape hangers. I'm not a monkey. I don't want to hang from a tree. But if they work for you I'm glad you like them. The point of riding is to enjoy it, and everyone's tastes are different.
+1. IMO they're dangerous. I know for a fact you don't have as good a control of the bike. The pic of that yellow HD show's someone with a death wish, again IMO.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
eww. i don't like apes at all.... i think they are dangerous and to be honest.. straight ugly. but to each their own. if you dig it, that's all that matters i suppose. :shock:

·
Registered
145 Posts
How would you even drive with ones like that yellow HD? I can't begin to imagine what it would feel like to try and steer with your arms up like that.

I can see the point of risers, but apes just seem like overkill.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
BEFORE

AFTER

Digging the change.

Just kidding, another guy who doesn't get the ape thing. I see many with them here in California so I must be in the minority on this.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I saw the dude ride that yellow HD at the Boogie a couple years ago. thing is, he's short!! he has to stand to reach them. it's crazy but he's rides the **** out of it!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I saw the dude ride that yellow HD at the Boogie a couple years ago. thing is, he's short!! he has to stand to reach them. it's crazy but he's rides the **** out of it!!
Are you kidding me :shock: I thought that was photo-shopped wow :shock:

As far as apes, not my thing at all, But when I see them going down the highway loud n proud it looks a LOT better than any crotch rocket :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
...Fck..I thought this was going to be a good post to find out new bars to ride to to get drunk and have fun...:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I haven't ridden with ape hangers, but my impression is that the hands are set an optimal position for swerving. It seems like all you have to do is flick your wrists. Is this true? With regular height ape hangers, that is. Not the ape hangers in the pic. What I do know though is that they're a pain to reverse the bike.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow. i wonder how do you make a turn. lets see how long will you keep it that way, it look special but for safty, i wont go for it. just ride safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts