Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my son found the Shadow Sabre he was looking for and bought it. Only concern I have is that the title was a Rebuilt or Salvage title. The bike runs great and tracks well, nothing seems misaligned. Anything specific we should check for?

The PO owned the bike for four years and he bought it as a rebuilt bike so the work was done quite some time ago. The PO claims he had no problems with it and it appears he put about 8000 miles on it.

One question though, my son removed the backrest assembly and now the right side bolts will not screw in far enough to take up the slack, they feel as though they are running into a blind hole. Were the factory bolts shorter than the bolts used to mount a backrest?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
i would assume that the factory bolts would be shorter than the ones used for mountin' the sissy bar. i know i had some longer ones for my aero when i took the sissy bar off and i had to order some shorter ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info, I got smart and pulled the bolts in question. Two on the left side are M8x30 and two on the right side are M8x25. Interesting that the short ones are bottoming out. I think the PO cross threaded them and they are jamming, not bottoming out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts