Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been bitten by the bug.

I just finished my MSF course and despite the fact that I have a perfectly good 06 Aero in the garage I would like something small to ride around town. I hate to admit it but the little bikes we played with in class are fun to ride. I have my Aero for riding to work (back country roads) and I would like something smaller and more nimble to ride around town.

Yeah ok you got me I certainly don’t need one but I have $500-$1000 saved up and I would like to acquire an additional bike.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look and what I might be able to afford for that? I would like it to be 600cc or lower. I would prefer something a little older, nothing newer than 1990 as there is a vintage ride in my town I would like to use the new bike for as well. I am fairly clueless about older bikes and what to look for. Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Try looking in to the late 80'-mid-90's Kawi EX500's. Good all-round bike for power, weight, handling and fairly inexpensive. Or the Suzkui 500 model. A little buzzier motor, but like the EX fairly inexpensive.

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
additionally how about a honda cb500 or a yammie xs500 - both have a pretty good following. If you want to do 80's how about the vt500 shadow or a 500 magna - both are super reliable and fun to ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.