Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a brand new (surplus) 2015 Honda Shadow Aero just out of the crate with 1 mile on it from the dealership.
Got it home, been riding, and i notice the front springs squeak. I can sit on the bike and rock it and hear it squeaking.
Is this just because the bike sat up in a crate for a few years and things aren't lubed yet? I got a couple of hundred miles on it now and its still doing it.
Is this a problem that needs to be addressed or will it go away after a little more riding?
Thoughts??

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,449 Posts
Since it has those chrome shields around the front forks, look and see if you see them rubbing anywhere on the lower section. A few guys had that happen and had to reposition them. Maybe it got bumped off center while in the dealership . Do you see any dents in them? You might have some else bounce it up and down and put you hand on each one to feel a vibe. Or push on each one to see if it will quit in one direction of push.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,923 Posts
As the martians say yep, yep, yep!
On the lower fork section there is a black plastic/rubber ring near the top that the covers ride on.
This can squeek.
Try some spray lube under the cover where it overlaps the lower leg and see if it helps.
The guts of the forks are well lubricated due to the nature of things, but the outside trim, not so much.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nice, Sweet lookin Scoot...
And even better, they ride so much smoother than my 750 Spirit.
Sweet & Smooth!
Plus, bet cha got a steal ofa deal - Enjoy....

·
Registered
534 Posts
My girl will squeek in cool , damp weather or after riding in fog.
Some WD -40 up th e fork shields always stopped it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts