Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying another VT1100c3..1996/7 Aero..

It has a very slight oil drip from the heel toe gear selector and a wired clutch instead of hydrolics..

It's about 500 miles away so if anyone knows something nasty about them please let me know.

John.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
I'm thinking of buying another VT1100c3..1996/7 Aero..

It has a very slight oil drip from the heel toe gear selector and a wired clutch instead of hydrolics..

It's about 500 miles away so if anyone knows something nasty about them please let me know.

John.
not sure if the C2 is the same as the C3 but if it is the Shift Spindle oil seal looks like it would be a breeze to replace. (See item 31)
1996 Honda VT1100C2 A LEFT CRANKCASE COVER | Cheap Cycle Parts

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

There are a few changes between the C2 and the C3 and I have done quite a lot of work on the C2..I think 1996 was the last year of the C2 and 1997 was the first year of the C3, also my C2 had a hydrolic clutch the C3 Aero has a cable clutch.. The C2 used to have a small oil leak from the pushrod oil seal which was easy to replace in the early ones without removing the cover but because the seal was fitted internally in the later ones it was a more difficult job..I haven't seen the bike but I am tempted to make an offer.

John.

·
Registered
711 Posts
John,

I really enjoy mine! Lots of power, great sound and rides pretty well too! Had to replace the crossover O-rings, but having the right size makes it a 15-minute job.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts