Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just wanted to do the neighborly thing and introduce myself and get the 3 obligatory posts to fully activate my membership.

I'm in the New Orleans area and just bought my first Shadow a couple of months ago. Well, actually it's my first bike ever too...lol

I'll put pictures up soon but just for reference it's a 1999 VT750C (and maybe another letter too...lol) I got it from an older gentleman nearby who babied it.

It had 8600 miles on it and was cherry. Even the little stickers below the gas cap looked brand new. It came with the saddle bags, a windshield and the Vance and Hines exhaust. All for 3200 bucks!

I've always wanted a Harley ever since I "helped" my dad build a basket case Sportster and Electra-Glide back in the day. But, I must say, after tooling around on my Shadow I'm a true believer in Honda. I mean really, after riding with a Harley owner the other day even he commented that my bike sounds more like a Harley than his Fat Bob...lol

The only "bad" thing I have to say about owning a Honda Shadow is that within hours of having it home I was already spending money in my head to customize it...lol Speaking of....well, I'll wait until later to start pestering you guys with questions!

Thanks for listening!

--Johnny

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lots of old Honda Shadows on this site, so there should be lots of help if needed. Welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts