Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading my exhaust on my 2006 SS 750. I've narrowed it down to 2 pipes. The Vance & Hines Straight Shots or the DG Hardkrome Classic Straights. V & H make a short set of pipes like the Hard Kromes for the 750 Aero but not for the Spirit. I was wanting shorter pipes. I know V & H make a good exhaust & are cheaper but I don't know much about Hard Krome. I'd be willing to pay the extra $120 for the Hard Kromes if they are a good product. Of course I'll rejet after the exhaust upgrade. " I have a buddy that used to race & make his own dragbikes & is chomping at the bit to make my SS faster & louder".
Does anyone have any recomendations regarding these pipes? All opinions would be appriciated.

Keep the shiney side up :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought the Hard Krome 2.75 big straights for my 04 Sabre last night. I had it narrowed to V&H Longshots at about $350, Roadburner 2.5 inch at about $450 and the Hard Krome 2.75 inch at $510. V&H are GREAT pipes and reasonably priced. I think for my Sabre they are 2 inch pipes maybe 2.5 inch. I like the looks of a fat pipe and other that the roadburner 3 inch stepped pro's at $600... Hard krome was the best option for me. I am 99% sure V&H have removable baffels and MANY of the Hard Krome models have Fixed Baffels (except 2.75's are removable) if that's important to you. If you are looking at Hard Krome American Classics or Hard Krome Strippers I believe these are Fixed Baffels. I know the Hard Kromes are Seamless and I like the Clean look. My father in law had Hard Krome on his VTX 1800 and they were LOUD AS HELL. Before you buy, check out www.motorcycleproshop.com.... I did alot of pricing and these guys beat most other sites.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Sabre.
Thier price is about 80 dollars cheaper than the other site I was looking at for the exhaust & about 15 dollars cheaper on the jetkit. I also lie the look of the fatter pipe. I have heard the Hard Krome Classic Straights are loud enough with baffles in. I don't want my neighbors to hate me, I just want the people on cell phones to hear when I am beside them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the Vance & Hines straightshots on my 2002 Shadow Spirit 750 and they sounded great. The pipes looked like they were dragging on the ground after I lowered the rear so I made my own shortie drag pipes reusing the Vance & Hines headpipes. I haven't heard or seen any of the other brands of pipes discussed so I can't comment on those but the Vance & Hines straightshots are a good sounding and looking pipe for the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts