Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These damn Lightmode helmet lights,I'm sure they are good/OK at night...maybe close up.But most bikers ride during the day,correct?? We know the chance of a accident riding at night could be double/triple,thats the way I feel.I ride home 10pm and I know our light(s) get "washed out" by many other sources of lights.If I have lights/intersection behind me a oncoming vehicle will pull out to pass,this is that straight stretch people like to do 70+,even at night.Those Lightmode lights aint doing jack from a little distance,agree/disagree??
LightMode helmet.jpg

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,880 Posts
Looks like the intent is to provide some lighting from the side to prevent T-bone. I think a hi-vis jacket may work better.I have this one

Tour Master Advanced Jacket - RevZilla

and this one

Olympia Airglide 5 Jacket - RevZilla

Often they are on sale when they upgrade a model but they are also often out-of-stock so you need to be diligent. My Tourmaster was about $100 when the model changed from 4 to 5.

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
257 Posts
Yeah, I think reflective material would work better than some sort of light strip. Plus, you wouldn't have a power box attached to your helmet, nor would you ever need to recharge.

Now given that, I think the light strip gizmo would look great at a local bike night this summer!

·
Registered
671 Posts
this on ur helmet sounds promising: Brake Free Helmet Brake Light I pre-ordered 1.(march arrival date) .will let u know how it works. I saw it on Shark tank.....looks like it would be effective....

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,028 Posts
this on ur helmet sounds promising: Brake Free Helmet Brake Light I pre-ordered 1.(march arrival date) .will let u know how it works. I saw it on Shark tank.....looks like it would be effective....
I believe you're correct but GMax incorporated a light unit in a helmet series 10 yrs. ago or longer that didn't take off well. The only one I seen was on Lawrence Fishburne helmet on CSI long ago. I use a Back Off in the tail light which seems to do the job quite well but you still have to pay attention regardless what "safety shield" you incorporate into your riding lifestyle.

Reactions: Troy Jollimore

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,251 Posts
Looks like it would get attention, I don't think the what appears to be flashing while just riding along is actually legal most places, but bicycles get away with it.

I'd worry about it messing with your head in an accident where you use your helmet since it extends the rear of the helmet and increases leverage to slosh the gray matter.
There is a lot to read about such stuff mostly in scientific papers, but the new ECE 22.06 helmet standard takes it into consideration as does the FIM one, DOT and Snell have yet to catch up.

Has anybody been on Shark Tank with airbags for dogs yet?

·
Registered
671 Posts
the brake free ....doesnt flash away.....its lit up...BUT when u slow down, even without the brake, it brightens up......and one does slow down a fair bit with just the engine!! yes there are other similar units out there...but u have to play with the wiring.......no wiring....clips on to ur helmet...... Yes it adds a bit of weight......We shall see....

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks like it would get attention, I don't think the what appears to be flashing while just riding along is actually legal most places, but bicycles get away with it.
I always thought they were, but bicycles may not actually be classified as ‘vehicles’ in many jurisdictions. So they can dodge some rules that apply to vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts