Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
I am not particularly short, I like the looks, but I don't like them to ride with and I've ridden a few bikes with them.
I caught some unplanned air over railway tracks this afternoon, I knew they were there, just came in a little fast and stood up for the launch, glad I wasn't sitting down for the landing.

Registered
Comfort is everything, it's the reasonI had to give up my 79 CB750 LTD as a daily rider, long hauls were fine but in town stop and go killed my legs, bike is way too tall for my short arse, then I finally found a bike that's perfect for my size馃槉 mines the purple and silver color scheme, the white and silver looks awesome too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Comfort is everything, it's the reasonI had to give up my 79 CB750 LTD as a daily rider, long hauls were fine but in town stop and go killed my legs, bike is way too tall for my short arse, then I finally found a bike that's perfect for my size馃槉 mines the purple and silver color scheme, the white and silver looks awesome too.
Nice bike! What kinda air cleaner is that?

Registered
Gibson86, couple notes on the forwards, I got longer bolts and added 3/4" spacers for the peg brackets where they bolt to the mounting bracket to move the pegs out. Really helps with knee clearance around the air cleaner. Also gives more toe clearance by the brake pedal.
Also took some tin and made a couple u-shaped clips for the stops on the pegs where they seat on the brackets. Puts the ends up slightly to help keep your boots from sliding off the pegs.

Ranma's air cleaner looks like an Edelbrock that's been adapted.

Registered
Looks awesome!! And way more comfy than the original...
What year is your motorcycle? 1998?
I saw the TC bros extension too but I have a 1997 vt750 ACE and I'm not sure if it will fit. I guess the key thing is that the rear brake light still works. If it's not too much of a hustle, could you upload a picture of how you connected the linkage rod with the spring that triggers the back light?
Would be very much appreciated

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tc brothers kit has a brake switch relocate braket tc bros think of everything and now almost 2 years later I couldn鈥檛 be more happier on how much leg room I have ! And the bike is a 2001 with 34,700 miles . I just got done with progressive fork springs and new tires this bike will be a keeper forever!

Registered
Looks awesome!! And way more comfy than the original...
What year is your motorcycle? 1998?
I saw the TC bros extension too but I have a 1997 vt750 ACE and I'm not sure if it will fit. I guess the key thing is that the rear brake light still works. If it's not too much of a hustle, could you upload a picture of how you connected the linkage rod with the spring that triggers the back light?
Would be very much appreciated
They should fit yours fine, U.S. didn't get the 750 Ace until 1998

I have 2 sets of the extensions around I'd like to sell. Shipping may be prohibitive. They are not as nice as the TC Bros. still, I rode with the one set for close to 10 years.

Registered
I'm in Missouri, USA, I have no idea of brand, one set came with my 03 Ace, bought the other used for my 01.
One set has replacement shift and brake rods, while the other has a shift rod and an extension for the brake rod. I don't remember dealing with the brake light switch, It's been a while... And you need at least a 32" inseam to be comfortable with them. Here's what I have, the bottom set was on mine and clears stock exhaust, the top set is thicker with a thicker spacer and there are notes on some of the Ebay listings about them not working with stock exhaust. I think they could be modified easy enough.
Tool Hand tool Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior

The lower set did have a bit of spring in them. I suspect the crossbar on the TC Bros. set stops that.

Registered
$20 for either set plus shipping. Shipping may be way expensive,,, the longer rods make it an "oversize package. I'm going to try to pick up a mailing tube to stick them in. You may need to pick up some metric bolts, and if it's stock exhaust, get some exhaust gaskets as the stock peg brackets won't come out with the exhaust in place.

Registered
I saw on FedEx that shipping from USA to Switzerland will be more than 200 dollars. That's more than a new one costs here. If you can think of a cheaper solution to send them here please let me know. Thanks for the offer, though.

Registered
Even higher than I thought, Maybe someone over here will want them,,,

You could actually make your own cheaper, note the lower set is just aluminum bar stock with 4 holes drilled in each and some shaping work. I could trace the pattern and mail it to you. They drilled a small hole in the brake rod extension for the brake light spring. The other set has a complete one piece brake rod with a small bracket for the spring. Shifter rods are threaded 6mm at both ends, rear is left hand thread. If one used a long 6mm coupler nut and a 6mm rod threaded both ends to extend the stock shift linkage instead of replacing the rod,,, ( the left hand threading dies are kind of expensive.) .
I actually liked them for around town and shorter rides, About 8 days into a 12 day trip I was ready to leave them by the side of the road. They were just a bit too much of a stretch for my 32" inseam for long periods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts