Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just a quick hello to all of you. I am new to the Shadow and just bought the 2011 Phantom. Very clean build Honda did. I am not new to motorcycles at all and have had my share of all the builders. I saw this phantom on line and had to have it. Plus i was into building some customs with the single over head cam 750`s. I am a welder and fabricator by trade and had a muffler shop in Lake Elsinore Calif. for 30 years. I hope to learn from all of you and maybe i can toss some ideas to you also. I live in California on the central coast near Pismo Beach. If anyone is near me give me a shout. You all take care and be safe!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Hello all! Just a quick hello to all of you. I am new to the Shadow and just bought the 2011 Phantom. Very clean build Honda did. I am not new to motorcycles at all and have had my share of all the builders. I saw this phantom on line and had to have it. Plus i was into building some customs with the single over head cam 750`s. I am a welder and fabricator by trade and had a muffler shop in Lake Elsinore Calif. for 30 years. I hope to learn from all of you and maybe i can toss some ideas to you also. I live in California on the central coast near Pismo Beach. If anyone is near me give me a shout. You all take care and be safe!
Welcome to the forum. And boy am I glad you joined. I am contemplating reworking the exhaust on my 750 Ace. I want to run two pipes up the back like the bike on easy rider (Fonda's).
I don't know a single thing about baffels or rejetting. But, I have been a production welder with some fabrication for the last 40 years.
I have access to a manual hosfield bender.
So here is my old exhaust, I was thinking I would cut off the muffler and weld on 2 new pipes. Is it that simple?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ashadowrider "Exhaust Mod"

Sent you some ideas in a message in your box. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts