Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, on Saturday I Picked up a 1997 honda shadow spirit vt1100 , the bike starts and runs perfectly but it's bodywork needs a lot of TLC. I struggled to find owners clubs in the uk, so I thought I'd pop up here and see how it goes.

This will be my first bike (should be taking my test any week now) once it's perfect.

I paid £1500 for the bike, which came with a brand new, boxed Vance Hines exhaust system. Which I have now fitted, and a load of other stuff such as various sets of shockers, and a brand new tank, still in its honda box with the bungs in it!
It has had one previous owner, and a friend has serviced it all of it's life...

Today I've sent the old tank, and fenders away to get repaired as they had a few dings in them, and this weekend I'll be sending them off to get painted, as it had a cream strip across the bike, and cream decals on the old tank, I want it all gloss black, with lots of shiney chrome.

so my outlay is ...

£1500 for a bike that's running perfectly
£250 to get the bodywork repaired and sprayed
£250 to do the little cosmetic stuff, mirrors, grips, indicators etc
Then hopefully I can sell all of the extra gear I got for around £700 ... And I'll have a prefect bike for next to nothing.

I've road the bike and I love how it rides.. It's perfect for what I want and I personally think I've got a absolute bargain. Can't wait to make it my own and get it on the road!

Thanks for reading,

James.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome James! Good luck with your ride sounds like a fine job your doing.Don't forget some pics!! Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
welcome aboard James and enjoy the Ride. :)

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Welcome James. Sounds like you got a good deal. I just bought 2000 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 about two weeks ago and I'm chuffed to bits. It was $2750 and on great shape. Be sure to include some before and after pics when you get a chance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea! I'll get some pics up tonight... Just giving everything a good polish before the painted parts come back :) can't wait!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts