Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newb in Northern California - just picked up my first motorcycle over the weekend, a '22 Shadow Phantom and I'm in love! I spent many months unable to decide what to get, but I definitely found the One!

I'm digging checking out all of your Shadows and looking forward to learning more as I go! What were some of the first changes you made to your first bike?

Take care!
Kelly

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike looks great and it looks like there are other bikes where the pic was taken. I think a lot of people research wind screens and saddlebags first!
thanks! Yeah - there was a rally and Indian demos happening the day I bought it, so at least 100 people got to watch me nervously drive off the lot for a test ride 😂 It was a great day!

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Have fun with your new bike.
Watch safety videos to get confidence= BUT NOT OVER CONFIDENCE.

·
Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
443 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do lots of riding in the parking lots and practice getting used to the bike. I have several bikes and I don't do this enough.
Agreed. Low speed manuvering skills are worth their weight in gold. And even more so on bikes that are more stretched and raked with larger front wheels. I do that often on mine just to not get rusty.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,624 Posts
Here are a couple of my favorite videos about slow speed.
When you build confidence at low speeds, it will help in a think fast situation even at higher speeds.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,544 Posts
I'm a newb in Northern California - just picked up my first motorcycle over the weekend, a '22 Shadow Phantom and I'm in love! I spent many months unable to decide what to get, but I definitely found the One!

I'm digging checking out all of your Shadows and looking forward to learning more as I go! What were some of the first changes you made to your first bike?

Take care!
Kelly

View attachment 302632
Welcome to the forum.

Yeah,,,Phantoms are nice looking bikes. I have a 2013.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
2013 Black Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
212 Posts
Nice looking bike Kel. Ride safe. And often. Welcome to the forum from Canterbury, NH.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts