Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes folks its about to happen. My dear wife gave me the go ahead Saturday to get a Goldwing! She sent me off and said get any color you want! I came home and said I would be picking up a silver one on Tuesday and she said, "I meant any color you want except silver!". So tomorrow I will be getting a BLUE Goldwing!

It looks like the budget is good for the Audio/Comfort/Navi package and I may not have to sell the Aero! Whhhooooo HHoooooo. I can commute thru town on the Aero to work and ride the Wing on the longer rides. Like the 150 miles we did through Thurmont and Catactin Maryland area this weekend.

Bruce

Side note: I had a proposal at work due today that should have taken 10 hours and I'm so excited it only took 6.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Side note: I had a proposal at work due today that should have taken 10 hours and I'm so excited it only took 6.
Sounds like 4 more hours for riding to me... :D

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hey Bruce,

Welcome to the flat 6 family. The new wings are real impressive...to say the least.

Out of curiousity...what does she have against silver?

(Removed a comment about hair color because it was...well...off color. :twisted: )

Joe

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Congratulations,

Put a pic up before you get drool stains all over it. :lol:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congradulations !
Thats A great wife you have there .
Unless she now says no to blue ,Then no to red . Till theres no
colors left :lol:
Post Pics

Jack

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After nearly 14 years of marriage, our biggest fights are still over color. Color of the walls, carpet, car, motorcycles, etc. I picked a black Aero, she wanted the red one. I picked out a black Jeep, she bought the red one.

I liked silver because it was the brightest of all the colors this year, she didn't like it because there was no contrast between the tupperware and the frame parts. I didn't like the red or orange ones and she actually agreed with that! Maybe things are changing a little. She wanted blue this time and the Honda dealer has one in stock. What a deal!

And of course there will be pictures posted!

Bruce

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AngryHatter said:
Paulie said:
Congratulations,

Put a pic up before you get drool stains all over it. :lol:
^^^
:lol:
How's this for a first pic!

She was still in the womb as of 12:30PM. I'm hoping the induce labor by the end of the day.

Bruce

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Ok, I'm with the Mrs. on this one. I like that blue too. It's a good deal when the Mrs. gets the color and you get the rest of the bike. Cover her up with a warm blanket and make sure she doesn't catch a cold. :lol:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Bruce, get the hell outa here with your NEW found joy, that most of us can`t enjoy. Kidding, you will be on top of the world with your new Wing. My son is on his second one and no amount of money would get him off to another brand. Congrats in a BIG WAY. :D BTW, my son`s name is BRUCE. :wink:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here she is! Picked her up yesturday (Friday) and put 135 miles on her. OMG what a ride!

The guys over on the Goldwing board may be right. I may not go back to the Aero and end up selling her.

Bruce

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
THE Sport Tourer ;)

Dr Bob's Patient said:
Here she is! Picked her up yesturday (Friday) and put 135 miles on her. OMG what a ride!

The guys over on the Goldwing board may be right. I may not go back to the Aero and end up selling her.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Very nice, welcome to the other club.

You will not believe how that bad boy handles, it is unbelievable. Keep your feet up, you will have to get in the habit of picking up your feet and putting your toes ontop of the pegs. It will scare the crap out of you the first time your toes scrape before the bike does.
Better look up Mick O Pegs, it will be your first add on.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:

Bruce
No, you will keep it to ride around town.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.