·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey you crazy kids -

slapped on my new billet grips - man i love these dam things - they feel great

i fist slapped in some white lithium grease only on the throttle side
slid that on .. the left side holds on with 3 set screws
i had to adjust the cables once installed - when the bars were kicked to the far right the throtle would not return to closed position - little playing with the screws and whamo all is great !

the tips are super sharp - i was like wtf - they are just tooooo sharp
but they set the bars off so nice

im still waiting for my kuryakyn velociraptor air intake - dam backorder - hmmmmfff - this will add a little more chromey to the look i want
anyways ill post that up when i get it in mail - but for now heres the pix

·
Registered
208 Posts
hey you crazy kids -

slapped on my new billet grips - man i love these dam things - they feel great

i fist slapped in some white lithium grease only on the throttle side
slid that on .. the left side holds on with 3 set screws
i had to adjust the cables once installed - when the bars were kicked to the far right the throtle would not return to closed position - little playing with the screws and whamo all is great !

the tips are super sharp - i was like wtf - they are just tooooo sharp
but they set the bars off so nice

im still waiting for my kuryakyn velociraptor air intake - dam backorder - hmmmmfff - this will add a little more chromey to the look i want
anyways ill post that up when i get it in mail - but for now heres the pix
Shot the Heck out of your bar end mirror! :-o

I finally go both of mine on after MUCH problems!
Love your grips, but think I will wait a while before I change my grips! :-D

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
cool cool!

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmm... is it hard or soft when you hold it ? I'd love to feel soft a little bit...
But it looks cool on the bike.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I mean I like the grip got a little rubber, so it's soft to hold on. ( I ride with bare hands most of the time :) )

·
Registered
680 Posts
My bro' has a set of these on his Vulcan, and yes they are pretty sharp, much more so than the Kuryakyn set. I dig 'em big time, but I can't say I'm too big on the lack of grip, even with leather gloves.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the lol's -- yeah they are can openers for sure haha - umm they are hard grips no softy stuff here - i like the feel of them but not had time to take it out as the rain is killin me here - will let ya know when i get in an hour ride or so !!!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well after the ride yesterday i would have to say that the new bilet grips are 100% better then the stock junk- what little hand vibration i did have is complete gone -
the grip is thinner in size and easier to grip for me at least - thought i would have problem with slipping or gripping but not at all - the feel and look are 10 fold..

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I know someone w/ those grips, my issues are, they'll get hot as he ll in the sun, slippery when wet and that point is sharp. It will get you if you're not careful. Glad you like them though. Wouldn't be my choice for grips.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well they didnt get slipery for me when i was at the dam -
and the scoot was covered in misty water from the falls
- didnt slip a bit for me --
i o find them waaaaay more comffy then the stock - but im a little weird an strange so maybe thats why - but i love the feel an the look and my grip seems to be more
commfy as well so i dunno hahaha

aerocapdave i updated my sig pic just for you hahahaha

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
They look good! As for them being really sharp, one Question...
Big B's look to be just as sharp...Bernie do your's make you nervous?:p
elfnyc, where's the Dam pic? I mean the new sig pic looks good, but how about a dam pic?
Coop

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
They look good! As for them being really sharp, one Question...
Big B's look to be just as sharp...Bernie do your's make you nervous?:p
elfnyc, where's the Dam pic? I mean the new sig pic looks good, but how about a dam pic?
Coop
No, mine are not sharp and the tip is rounded/blunt at the end, not a point.
The ones on elf's bike will def break the skin.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.