Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name's Kenny. Here's my Shadow story:

Bought my 2015 Honda Shadow Phantom new (in '17) from a local dealer here in Temecula California. Taught myself the basics of riding around my work after hours before taking a basic riding course - and I was doing SO MANY things wrong.

Since then, I've:
-Amassed 11,000 miles.
-Fed the engine the dipstick.
-Bounced off a guard rail (OUCH).
-Painted it.
-Replaced the headlight assembly.
-Juuuuuuust (yesterday) ordered bags for the bike.

I have an 8 year old daughter that I must convince her mother, my girlfriend and my mother that she'd be safe (guard rail story set me back to never) before I can take her around on it. I split time with her mother, so half the time the poor shadow is parked. I ride most any time I can. If my daughter is with her mother, you can bet your last dollar I'm on the bike.

I ride with an ever growing group of riding friends as well as my girlfriend (she rides - small bike, but rides).

I have numerous upgrades I want to do to it. Advice is always welcome!

My other hobbies:
-Charger Football - You can bet I will be near a TV or at a stadium for the fall/winter weekends.
-Craft beer - Love tasting, just got into brewing (terribly so far).
-Comics.
-Video games.

So, hello! Looking forward to talking with you people!

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Swift one.

Actually getting old so not so Swift anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Hey welcome. My 10 year old grandson loves to ride in my bike every chance he gets. Started brewing a few years ago. Most batches are good. A couple were crap. Too much experimeting.so keep at it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum from another Swift one.

Actually getting old so not so Swift anymore.

We had a Beetle in the shop last week - a '65. It had a sticker in the window: "The older I get, the faster I used to be." Already brothers in Swift. Thanks for the welcome!

Hey welcome. My 10 year old grandson loves to ride in my bike every chance he gets. Started brewing a few years ago. Most batches are good. A couple were crap. Too much experimeting.so keep at it.

That's awesome. Aspiring to get the freedom to do just that. Think you're raising another rider? And thanks for the encouragement with the beer! First batch got contaminated. It was not a "happy accident." What style do you shoot to brew/is your favorite?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,844 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,844 Posts
About 45 years. Mostly Japanese -10 years Toyota and 30 years Nissan. A few years with VW and British and Independant shops.
One day I was thinking I must have worked on many thousands of cars. That's freaky.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they haven't hunted you down with torches and pitchforks it's a good freaky! That's awesome.

I'm only about a decade in myself. Minor mechanical. My skills are best used at the desk. Family knows Honda too well, but we do everything.

Swift isn't the only thing we've got in common.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts