Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

Just a quick intro. Just got back into riding about a year ago after a hiatus of about 10 years. Bought an '03 750 Spirit from a friend's wife in June 2010 with only 3400 miles on it. She kept it spotless and just didn't hardly ride and I got a killer deal! I will post a pic as soon as I get registered to do it.

So far have added a set of saddlebags, and looking to get a Mustang Wide seat and sissy bar for the wife over the winter. I changed out the lead acid for a gel battery last winter, and was the best change I've made! Many electrical demons gone! Now up for this winter is a go thru and clean of the carbs, another good chain lube and check and maybe swap down to a 37-39 tooth rear sprocket.

The wife had never ridden at all until I got her on this bike with me and now she loves it! I've put about 2,000 miles on the bike and love it myself! Light and agile. Perfect size for one or 2 up in town and light 75-100 mile runs, and great for back road cruising! Just enough power to move and not enough to totally get you screwed. I have no idea how I ever rode a Road King everywhere back in the day!

I started riding it to a new job a couple of times a week towards the end of summer. 35 miles each way a combination of 4 lane and 2 lane state highway all the way and it performed perfectly. I am an RN who used to work in trauma and I have cleaned up many an oh sh... so I catch flack from the people at work when I ride. They honestly just don't get it!

Fantastic forum and I look forward to spending some time here and getting to know a few folks. If anyone else is around central Ohio (Newark, Columbus, Zanesville) and is ever up for a ride give me a shout!

Kyle D

"The only black that should ever contact the road is the rubber!"

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud. glad to have ya aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.