Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am not new to riding but have been off my horse for about 9 years so i am a bit rusty. I love the freedom of the open road and when my wife's list of things for me to do is not a mile long I get out as much as i can. The 2000 Sabre i just got my hands is a great bike and i love taking long rides out in the country. My only problem is an oil leak i can't seem to find where it is comimg from.

jason in Up state NY

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Welcome aboard. Lot's of good advice to be found over in the technical section. Ignore the many screams and pleas for pictures and such. They're worse than a bunch of old pervs on a teen cheerleading site around here. \\

When I asked a similar question here a couple of years ago it was recommended I completely degrease and wipe the bottom of the bike down real good, take it for a short ride and see if that helps identify where the leak is coming from. Grab your allen wrench first and double check all your bolts first. See if you can visually verify you have the crush washer on your oil drain plug and also check that your oil filter is good and tight. Not to sound insulting, but sometimes I know I have a tendancy to forget to check the simple and easy things. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
get some pix
Hey, elfnyc, I know you can't tell from our rides (wife and me) but I really like a lean-looking ride.
Your bike is a knock-out. Don't change a thing.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ignore the many screams and pleas for pictures and such. They're worse than a bunch of old pervs on a teen cheerleading site around here.
+1 :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts