Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I like the look of Hard Krom strippers. They are mid length "shotgun" pipes. I want to know if there is any "true" difference in the name brand pipes, and if I should just go with the set that I like the look of? BTW, until my signature gets updated I have a 2005 Shadow spirit 750. Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I'm new to street bikes, I just sold my enduro, and this is a whole new expreience for me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cobra, Vance & Hines, Hardkrome, they all make great quality pipes.

Hardkrome is most expensive because they have full Heat shields around the pipes so You'll never see the bluing.

Cobra and V&H usually have 220 degree heat shields, You can't see the pipe unless you reach up in behind it or look at the backside of the pipe (the shields cover very well)

The difference between a good quailty pipe and a bad quality pipe is usually the chroming job and the durabiltly of it.

BTW, I have V&H's and love them, great sound and quality. I've heard nothing bad about the HK's either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
423 Posts
winchster,
My advice to you would be to get what you like the looks of as there's not alot of difference in performance between all the different systems. You can play with different baffles to obtain the "right" sound for you, but consider the shorter the pipe the louder and harsher the sound will be. These bikes are not performance machines and trying to squeeze maximum power from one will drive you crazy as well as to the poorhouse! A 2 into 1 system would perform better than a 2 into 2, but nobody I know of markets one for a 750 Spirit.

To get the most out of your engine, either add a freer flowing intake or do the "de-snorkleing" with a K&N filter and a Stage 3 jet kit. These mods, along with an aftermarket exhaust will wake up the 750. Beyond this, it'd be cheaper to trade up to a larger bike. You can spend up to $3000 to gain the same horsepower rating of the 1100, which weighs less than 50 lbs. more than the 750.

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, maybe I misrepresented myself. I'm looking for sound and looks with the exhaust system, that's it. I don't want to try and free up horsepower, I get 50 mpg and she runs highway speeds just fine. Besides, I know how expensive it can be to chase that HP genie, when if speed is what you want, get a rocket.
Thanks,
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.