Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Well when you're both done polishing that one, I'll run my red/black 03 in...

fwiw: polishing compound on pantyhose legs works pretty well on spokes...

Reactions: Freudianfloyd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Carbs rebuilt, oil changed, now I just need some gas, but since it's after midnight, I will have to wait until morning. I havent tried starting it up yet, so I know completely reassembling it is probably going to bite me in the ass, but I coukd t wait to see what she looked like all dressed up.

I can't wait to fire it up!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks good. I think these were one of the best looking bikes ever made. Rode mine from central FL to Maggie Valley last May riding 2-up. It did fine.

The 98 VT1100T in teal&cream another good looking Honda.
couple of web pics:

I'm jealous of that anvil and the drill press vise.
Thank you. And that is a good looking bike for sure. You don't see many that color.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
And since I like showing off my bikes. Here are her stalemates. I really need a bigger shop. I'm also going to look at a 1100 Star tomorrow. Not sure why, or where to put it, but I will make room.

As you can see, besides bikes, I also collect chainsaws, vises, hammers, ratchets, guns, and random other things.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
DO me a favor, check the master cylinder casting for the bore size on your 750 Ace. Should be in 7 o'clock position from the sight glass. working on a brake mod and my 750 is in Florida. Makes it tough to fabricate things, was easier when I still had the other 750 here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
DO me a favor, check the master cylinder casting for the bore size on your 750 Ace. Should be in 7 o'clock position from the sight glass. working on a brake mod and my 750 is in Florida. Makes it tough to fabricate things, was easier when I still had the other 750 here.
Are you wanting the outside diameter of the boss that the brake line comes out of?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The size is cast/stamped into the body by the sight glass. lower left from the glass, might be just a 12 or 14 for mm, my Tourer was built here and has 1/2 (inch?)

Edit: bore size

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
OK, thanks. Should be 11mm as opposed to the 1100T m/c 1/2" (=12.7mm). I believe I can use the 1100 master cylinder on my project then. I'm going to try this on my 750:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Reactions: ZekeMan

·
Registered
08 Honda Shadow Aero
44 Posts
I notice the jack you are using "Old Guy"....you pretty happy with it? I gather it is adjustable so you can lift on the frame on both sides even thought the oil sump may be lower than the frame?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Not any screw adjustments on the saddle for leveling an 1100, I trimmed the two tall nylon posts down to the uneven frame rail heights of the 1100 frame so the bike sits level. Pilot hole through them and a hole saw or just cut a V with a saw. It's this jack, $189 delivered:

·
Registered
08 Honda Shadow Aero
44 Posts
Not any screw adjustments on the saddle for leveling an 1100, I trimmed the two tall nylon posts down to the uneven frame rail heights of the 1100 frame so the bike sits level. Pilot hole through them and a hole saw or just cut a V with a saw. It's this jack, $189 delivered:

Ok...thanks for the info and link.👍

21 - 34 of 34 Posts