Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm new here. I have an '01 Shadow VT600CD.... It doesn't run right now and that's kind of why I want to become a part of this forum, to get advise. It's my first bike, bought it in April and it died on me very shortly after that. I really miss riding. :neutral:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Welcome Duce, pos ta pic.
Coop

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, and what happened to your bike?
Well, I was riding with some buddies and all of a sudden it started chugging, like it was out of gas. But it was a little off because my lights were flickering with the chugs and my gauge lights were acting strange too. Then it backfired and I shot flames out of my exhaust then the bike died. No power what so ever. I've tried checking a few things but so far haven't found the problem. My battery is good and I have a good ground. I need to recheck my start button but other than that I'm at a loss of what it could be.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Check all of your kill switches including the clutch and stand. The lights would flicker if the bike was shutting down. The wires connected to the clutch lever are very easily knocked loose when cleaning the bike. Good luck, hope you're back riding soon.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and good luck fixing the bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts