Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im in the market to get the handle bars on my 03 ace 750 changed. Im 6'3" tall and well the stock bars are too low.

Im thinking i should get a set of 12-14" mini apes or something....prob is I dont know what size my bars are and how high I can go with out having to install new cables and such....if any one has any experience with new bars please chime in....suggestions are welcomed as well as pictures of current setups.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Longdude,

I'm by no means an expert, but I am currently trying a set of H-D road king handlebars on my '01 Spirit. Here's a link I found on eHow that shows a method of measuring handlebars that most manufacturers seem to use (at least from my looking around).

How to Measure Motorcycle Handlebars | eHow.com

As far as changing out for longer cables, a lot of that depends on how much of a change you are making. One way to look at it is: would your current handlebars be at the proper height (just not the proper angle) if you rotated them forward? If yes, you may be able to get away with your current cables.

I was hoping to use my standard cables and sneak them behind the "triple tree", but that put my throttle and choke cables rubbing on my tank when I turned my handlebar fully left or right. So I just wasn't comfortable with that.

As for getting longer cables, I took Crazy Dave's advice and ordered them from MotionPro.

Good luck!
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.