Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang;

I just bought a new Shoei Multitech. Its very comfortable and hopefully a lot quieter than my CL-Max ( I have a thing for flip-up helmets).

Anyway, here's the question;

The multitech fits very close up front. Whenever I wear it with any level of humidity outside, the front shield is so foggy I can't see through it. I'm going to try a product I bought at a rally last year "Zook", hopefully that helps. Any other suggestions? I saw something called Fogcity, but haven't had a chance to check it out.

What do you'all use...It's too bloody cold right not to ride with the visor up.

Thanks...Bazzz

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use a Scorpion helmet that comes with the no fog shields :wink:

Havent run across a no fog treatment that works yet. Everything i tried so far lasts less than one day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try barbasol. Yes the shaving cream.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Re: New Helmet and F O G

I bought a Scorpion to use for when it's cold.

Second to that is the PinLock anti-fog insert in the Nolan - does a good job.

None of the chemicals work well enough or long enough for my liking.

blassoff said:
Hey Gang;

I just bought a new Shoei Multitech. Its very comfortable and hopefully a lot quieter than my CL-Max ( I have a thing for flip-up helmets).

Anyway, here's the question;

The multitech fits very close up front. Whenever I wear it with any level of humidity outside, the front shield is so foggy I can't see through it. I'm going to try a product I bought at a rally last year "Zook", hopefully that helps. Any other suggestions? I saw something called Fogcity, but haven't had a chance to check it out.

What do you'all use...It's too bloody cold right not to ride with the visor up.

Thanks...Bazzz

·
Registered
327 Posts
Why is it that Scorpion seems to be the only brand that can make a fog free shield? :?:
You would think that others, esp $300+ could also be fog free.

·
Registered
256 Posts
they make an insert for shoei helmets (they is shoei). It goes just under the shield. You can buy one off their site. The instert goes from chin piece to your nose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been using a product called fogtech and I think that it works well. It has to be reaplied often (every couple of days) but is very easy to apply and comes in individual wipes.

http://www.fogtech.ca/

·
Registered
73 Posts

Cat Crap: What's In A Name?

"Cat Crap was named for the Caterpillar equipment used to haul skiers and boarders up to the tops of mountains that have no lifts. These are some of the hard-core slopes, for some of the hard core snow bums. I have some Cat Crap lip moisturizer!"

From wBW visitor "J.W."

Serves me well, and I love to tell folks I use 'Cat Crap' :shock:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet-visor-anti-fog/

·
Registered
105 Posts
i agree with shaving cream it works for around two weeks for me just rub it on and wipe it off try it on your bathroom mirror

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Do you have the front vent open?

That front vent on the chin bar is a defroster vent.
As long as your moving, it should keep it clear.

It will fog up when you stop....

Please let us know how you like the helmet.
I was going to order one this week, but I wanted to find someone
who's actually tried one out.
I'll probably order mine next week, but knowing how you like the fit,
noise level, etc would be a great help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My previous full face ( a modular from Jafrum ) was terrible about fogging up. My new HJC CL-15 is much better. Very well designed breath guard and anti-fog shield. Also very comfortable and quiet.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Other than inserts, I think there are two ways of dealing with fogging shields. The easiest is to just crack the shield a bit.

Almost all anti-fog solutions etc are nothing more than liquid soap which is a wetting agent. In the scuba diving industry there are tons of anti-fog brands and I've been given at one time or another most of them with most costing several bucks for an itty bitty bottle. The one that worked the best was Prell concentrate. If your eyes are sensitive to soap, then Johnsons Baby Shampoo. Smear it on, buff it off and see what happens. Mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
ANTI-FOG

I was saving up for the Multitec....got anxious and found a Nolan N-102 on the clearance rack for $215 (it's the flat gray color, apparently not very popular with the masses).

Now I will admit that I look like a space alien with the helmet on-- it's a little large, a little heavy. However, once it's on and I'm riding-- it's the BEST HELMET in the whole wide world. I installed (by myself) the anti-fog piece last night and rode in the am (38 degrees) and didn't even have to lift the visor at stoplights!!! I walked around my 72 degree house last night with it on, huffing and puffing inside and couldn't get it to fog up.

It's not super quiet--- but I don't think you'll find a modular that is. It's not too loud for me, and I don't have earplugs in either.

The only difference I can tell between the Nolan and the Shoei is that:
1) The anti-fog comes FREE with the Nolan (you have to buy the Shoei one)
2) The Nolan has the sun visor which is the coolest thing since PB & J-- I have used to crap out of it the last couple of days. I HATE sunglasses under helmets.
3) The Nolan is tons cheaper

I've never tried the Shoei Multitec, but unless it is superbly quiet, then I'll take the Nolan any day of the week. It's an awesome helmet with super cool features.

·
Registered
26 Posts
litnin Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have the front vent open?
damn- i have a ICON with the fog shield and this morning i had the sheild cracked a little but the wind keeps on comin in. my vent was close :evil:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See...Problem was I was out ridin about two weeks ago, 20 degrees outside with probably 60% humidity.....this sucker was foggy as a mofo. At 20 degrees ridin 40mph....ya don't really want to ride with the visor raised....

I stopped by Cycle-Max this morning and picked up a fogcity shield...I'll let you'all know how it works out.

Yes, I always ride with the front vent open. And, the helmet has a breath guard, but with a reasonable humidity level, ya can't see sheit.

I hope to get a couple of rides in before the week is out...I'll report back on the Multitech...It certainly looks cool, I hope it operates as well.

Baz

·
Registered
93 Posts
fog city

I use a full face in the winter and right before this fall came in, I bought the fog city application in orange.....this thing works great! Gone are the days of cracking my helmet, freezing, getting rained on (face) The thing went on in a snap and so far has lasted since application in Sept-06. I ride almost every day in all types of weather and I will buy this prodcut again. PM me if you need model number. HTH

·
Registered
318 Posts
somewhat related- i have a 3/4 helmet and goggles. when it's cold i ride with a face mask on, and when i stop the goggles fog up! how do you explain this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
fog

I would think that your goggles are fogging up becasue they're too close to your face and when you exhale the warm air travels up from your nose/mouth to your eyes, and this foggs up your goggles. Too close in the fact that they don't allow the hot air to pass through, just get trapped. I know that I'm ramblin' on & on & on, but I was bored.....The item I was talking about, works on a full face helmet, I don't think it would you any good on a 3/4, unless........you were to put one of these strips on each side.....noah I don't think it would work on a 3/4.....and I'm ramblin'.......okay bye bye.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gremlin said:
somewhat related- i have a 3/4 helmet and goggles. when it's cold i ride with a face mask on, and when i stop the goggles fog up! how do you explain this?
That always happens....I have used eyeglasses with foam surrounds....when I stop moving they start to fog...its all about heat, humidity and airflow. Your face gives off heat and water vapor. When you're moving the water vapor exaporates...when you're standing still it was no where to go....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts