Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<cross posted from Facebook>
Yay, a little early "Happy Father's Day" present to me! I wanted a summertime 1/2 helmet for my Honda Shadow for when it's 98° in the shade.... I have stuck with HJC helmets for years and years, and Margaret let me order the CS-2N model for Father's Day, and it just arrived by UPS!
Let's see how it feels... I'm going for a quick spin around the neighborhood to check it out.
Also, you may wonder - why gloss white?
Well... serious motorcycle superstition... Every single motorcycle helmet has to be gloss white, or else, uh... you know... 😲
I don't care if I look like a Q-tip sitting on a motorcycle, with a bright gloss white helmet. It is the way it is or else I won't ride.
<end of post>

Anyone on HSN wear an HJC helmet -- more especially the 1/2 helmet version, the CS-2N? I like it.... It is awesome, very comfortable, and doesn't have that "mushroom head" type of look.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,244 Posts
All you need is a sheriff's star for it and some flashing lights on your ride. Congrats, let us know how you like it.

Reactions: h13man and ButchA

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All you need is a sheriff's star for it and some flashing lights on your ride. Congrats, let us know how you like it.
LOL... :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, the helmet is really nice, comfortable, doesn't look funny like a mushroom, etc... It also doesn't have that feeling like it's going to yank your head off your shoulders, at full speed (I don't have a windshield).

Look close at the enlarged photo from J&P Cycles... See the zip-out ear flaps and neck curtain? LEAVE IT ON! 😲

WITH: Very very nice, a tad warm on the ears when sitting at a traffic light. Slight wind noise, but not bad.
WITHOUT: Uh... Well... OMG, I almost went deaf with the wind howling past my ears at highway speeds!

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,357 Posts
I can't do halfie's due to everything that they don't do. I've been a fan of 3/4 open face for many a year though FF for longer trips but 3/4 with a geezer sun shade is my style most the time. :LOL:

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I know... My main helmet is also an HJC 3/4 open face with two different ratcheting face shields (clear and smoke). I just wanted a half helmet for wicked hot 98° summer days, when I'm cruising back roads. If I venture on the interstate, for whatever reason, I will not wear the half helmet! Getting hit in the face by a pebble from a highway truck on the interstate is not very appealing....

EDIT: You mentioned FF helmets. I can't wear one, no matter what... I just can't... Claustrophobia or whatever... I can't breathe and will rip the <expletive> thing off my head in 0.3 seconds. Been that way since 1982 (my first road bike)... :oops:

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,357 Posts
I wore halfie's at 16 yrs. of age on a 35 mph. scooter but after that, 3/4 variety. Now being able to go 3x fast, can't wear halfie's @ all. And yes we get chitty temp's and humidity here but we also have central air inside. o_O:LOL:

·
Registered
'98 Shadow VT1100t, '16 FJR1300
54 Posts
Looks nice. Nice choice! Im a FF type of guy, but my Scorpion is also ALL white.

·
Registered
03 750 ACE
9 Posts
I'll wear a half helmet sometimes, depending on the situation. If I'm riding to work, which involves a lot of city riding and potentially some expressway, it's full face no exceptions. If I'm heading the opposite direction for a slow country road cruise, I'll sometimes wear the half.

Gloss white is the old school classic choice. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
My helmet of choice is a half helmet. I don’t ride by choice below 50* or in the rain but if caught by a rain storm I just deal with it. The windshield makes it a lot easier to deal with.

I have a Shark FF helmet that I will take on long rides and overnight trips. But it mostly stays on the shelf.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ButchA
1 - 9 of 9 Posts