Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be replacing my HJC Sy-max next month with a full-face non-flipfront helmet. i have my eye on an HJC AC-12 (as seen below), but i'm curious as to what some of you may recommend. i want a lightweight, well-vented helmet that will not require me to refinance my house because of cost. thanks, all!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Was there anything wrong with the HJC Sy-max? I was looking at getting it, I wear glasses, and was looking for any plus or minus? thanx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rollus1 said:
Was there anything wrong with the HJC Sy-max? I was looking at getting it, I wear glasses, and was looking for any plus or minus? thanx
the Sy-max has been an excellent helmet and i highly recommend it. but i think i ruined the latching mechanism. i have to slam it down hard in order for the latch to "catch" (whereas it used to simply click into the detent). and a few weeks ago, i noticed that it unlatched on its own...that's the last thing i want should i ever go down.

i started having trouble with the latch last september. during an 8-hour ride to Yosemite, i would lay down on my tank bag and rest the chin of the helmet on the forward end of the bag (the latch was taking the weight of my big head). i think i tweaked something.

i could look for a repair kit, but i also want to switch to a full-face in order to cut down on wind noise. i wear ear plugs, but i have noticed that i'm loosing some hearing. :(

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I'm happy with my Icon. I think HJC makes it. It's DOT and SNELL approved.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was thinking about outfitting myself with a full faced one this comming yr. Where is a good place to get em online?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hunnus2000 said:

that's pretty sweet! it would match one of my tattoos (the pic below isn't very clear at this size, but there's a dragon at the top of the waterfall). i was also thinking of putting a dragon on my Z's fairing.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was just on that site looking at the helmet light you posted. :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice...I think im gonna give em a try. Maybe I can drop your name and get a really good discount....jk :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont shop anywhere but New Enough. Just bought a new jacket from there yesterday.

I have the HJC CL-SP. I debated between that and the AC-12 which was more expensive. I spent alot of time over a matter of days in the store wearing them both and the CL-SP won.

Then I came home and ordered it online.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VLXRookie said:
I dont shop anywhere but New Enough. Just bought a new jacket from there yesterday.

I have the HJC CL-SP. I debated between that and the AC-12 which was more expensive. I spent alot of time over a matter of days in the store wearing them both and the CL-SP won.

please tell me why you chose the CL-SP over the AC-12.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
hunnus2000 said:

that's pretty sweet! it would match one of my tattoos (the pic below isn't very clear at this size, but there's a dragon at the top of the waterfall). i was also thinking of putting a dragon on my Z's fairing.

FLIRT.... 8)

·
Registered
234 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
VLXRookie said:

please tell me why you chose the CL-SP over the AC-12.
It really came down to comfort for me. I also could find nothing but excellent reviews on the CL-SP. Price played a small part in it. I thought to myself "why pay more for the AC-12 if the CL-SP is so comfortable and has great reviews"

I have not regretted my decision.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Miguel, I have the HJC CL-12 full-face and it's the only helmet I use. It has upper and lower vents. I also have clear and shaded shields that I switch back and forth depending on when I'm riding. On extremely hot days I sometimes leave the shield off and wear my wrap-around sun glasses (with bifocals so I can see the gauges, cell phone, watch, etc. :wink: ).

It's a great helmet. The only drawback is I have to remove my glasses when I put it on or taking it off, but I don't mind that.

·
Registered
590 Posts
VLXRookie said:

ARE you the one that outbid me on a Leather Jacket ? :evil: By a $1.00. You came at the last few seconds. Smarty.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Spirited said:
VLXRookie said:

ARE you the one that outbid me on a Leather Jacket ? :evil: By a $1.00. You came at the last few seconds. Smarty.
I take it you don't use a sniping program for ebay? They are free. :lol:

No, I didnt buy off their Ebay listings. They have different return policies for their Ebay stuff.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts