Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going. I've been poking around for a while and finally got around to registering. Just got back into riding this year after about a 7 year absence. I've been bugging the wife for a bike since I got rid of my ole' cb650. It was a good bike to learn on. Finally got her to give in and let me get one. I bought an 09' GS500F in March and rode that till the end of August when the dealership I would visit quite often finally talked me into sitting down and talking about what getting a new one. They kept telling me they'd give me what I paid for it so I called there bluff not believing them and really no intentions of buying a new bike. But they did what they said I gave them a payment I would not go over and if they meet those I'd consider buying a Phantom. Well everything worked in my favor and I bought one. So much happier with this bike. I mean heck the front tire on the Phantom is wider than the rear one was on the GS. This bike will handle better than the GS also if your willing to muscle it around. I love dragging pegs on this bike too. I remember the first time I drug my heal. Scared the crap out of me. But after that I slowly became comfrotable doing it now if I'm not dragging I'm not riding hard enough. Just saw the east rally in Sept. next summer which is only about 8hrs from my place so I'm hoping to drag a couple of my friends who ride shadows over that way for the weekend. Sounds fun.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nothing special. Stock for now. It might be getting colder here in Ohio, but as long as it stays above 40* I'll be riding. Or until the ski hills around here make snow and open up. As soon as I start skiing it'll be tore down and let the modifying begin. Pipes, seat, Powercommander V, black mirrors, doing something with the rear fender to clean it up, and painting the fenders and gas tank flat black. Possibly the speedo shrowd. We'll see what strikes my fancy and the funds. I'm really happy with the bike and how it looks, just need to make it mine. I love all the bobber's people have done, but my girls and wife enjoy riding so until I get another bike this will be able to haul 2 people on. I'm going to get the mustang 2 piece seat so I might do a partial bob on the rear fender so I can still get 2 people on, but when I run the solo seat it'll have a little bob to it.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a heads up, you need three threads posted here, not three individual posts.
with registration I was told via pm that there's the need of a posting here... boaring but .... what someone thinks to need to feel secure... all of a sudden is was the need (what kind of need is this?) of 3 :shock:posts. Simply the production of waste...
Well I added my first post within the thread of another guy who was as well annoyed...
it's moderated here, but no one told me, that my first post is completely senseless... because it's not counting - Here I find by accident the rule of three threads... that's annoying.

I tell you what. I'll return to reading. I'm not longer interested in posting anything. So please be so kind and close my account - that's too complicated for my taste.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,154 Posts
with registration I was told via pm that there's the need of a posting here... boaring but .... what someone thinks to need to feel secure... all of a sudden is was the need (what kind of need is this?) of 3 :shock:posts. Simply the production of waste...
Well I added my first post within the thread of another guy who was as well annoyed...
it's moderated here, but no one told me, that my first post is completely senseless... because it's not counting - Here I find by accident the rule of three threads... that's annoying.

I tell you what. I'll return to reading. I'm not longer interested in posting anything. So please be so kind and close my account - that's too complicated for my taste.
Your insults aside, there is a reason for a three thread rule - which is to stop spammers - if you bothered to read the intro it explains the need for three posts.

So by your own admission you hijack someone elses thread and then complain about your post not counting. Here's a thought- start your own thread - Another point is try reading the front page where it states under the section heading about needing three threads and continue to use the forum.

However as you stated, it's too complicated for your tastes so I'm sure you won't do any of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.