Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site, 2 months ago I purchased my first motorcycle. It is a 1983 Honda Shadow 750. It was not running when I got it and now I am in the process of trying to get it running. Looking forward to some helpful advice from this site.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have the same bike. This site has been alot of help with my restore. I searched the old threads to see if anyone had a similar issue and what the fix was. It hasn't failed me yet! Good luck with your bike. Hope you get it up and running soon!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been having a few issues trying to get my 83 vt750c running, 1 is the choke, cant seem to get it adjusted properly. 2nd is I was able to start it briefly and there was a rapping noise coming from the front cylinder area but only when it starts, not when it is just being turned over. 3rd - now I only get spark from the right side coil. any ideas on how to check to see if it the coil bad or the ignitor without spending $$$ on new ones if that is not the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.