Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a 2009 Honda Shadow Aero 750 and love it! So for the previous owner added some accessories and there's nothing I need to do with the motorcycle at this time. I purchased this bike with 1150 miles on the engine. According to the previous owner he did an oil change last year around 700 miles. Should I change the oil again or continue riding until the end of this season?

What are your thoughts on cutting out the stock baffle in the exhaust? I've seen some YouTube videos of people modding their Shadows and doing this to have a deeper tone with the exhaust. Is this mod safe for the motorcycle or not recommended?

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Shadow VT700c 1986, ST1300 08
492 Posts
Welcome to the forum and cracking looking bike.

For the look of it, the bike have been well cared for and I would be surprised if the previous owner would have used any cheap engine oil. My opinion is to keep it to the end of the season.

I will abstain from commenting on cutting.
Personally I really like my bike being stock and wouldn't even think about doing any deep mods involving cutting it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and cracking looking bike.

For the look of it, the bike have been well cared for and I would be surprised if the previous owner would have used any cheap engine oil. My opinion is to keep it to the end of the season.

I will abstain from commenting on cutting.
Personally I really like my bike being stock and wouldn't even think about doing any deep mods involving cutting it.
Thank you for the advice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice bike!
Regarding the oil: I never trust previous owners, so I'd replace oil and filter just for peace of mind (doesn't cost much)
Holesaw mod: Personal preference. But I wouldn't do it. Usually it sounds cheap/crappy and you ruin a good stock exhaust. If you want to pursue this route, look for an old used one on craigslist/ebay/whatever and torture that one while save your nice looking one. Or buy an aftermarket exhaust, they sound better.

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike. I wouldn't mess up that perfect looking exhaust. As mentioned in the previous post, I would get an aftermarket with a good sound but save those stock exhaust.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,113 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Really nice looking bike. As mentioned...keep them pipes as they are. Do look for others that are cheap and you can hack them up without regret. Have fun, stay alert and ride often.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome , change the oil & filter . I use Mobil Delvac 15/40 diesel oil . In Everything I have , 15 bikes , mowers , trucks , tractors , yep , everything . I change mine every 3,000 mi. On the pipes , KISS , Keep it simply stock ... If you just have to , get another set , keep the nice ones . Look at UTUBE , there is a video showing how hard it is to modify the stockers .... Again , Welcome ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts