Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,433 Posts
My wrong terminology.
It is on the front Valve Cover this thing, it is an air filter assembly for the atmospheric air to the Carb Diaphragms.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok I can tune the bike and it run great like no problem , plenty of power, no machine gun decel, sounds healthy then the next day. Runs like crap, has almost no power and dies trying to take off and if I roll on the throttle it just makes that loud intake sound and doesn’t go anywhere. I went to re check the mixture screws and when I turn the front cylinder in it will of course die if you turn it in too far BUT the rear cylinder screw I noticed I can screw it ALL THE WAY in and it won’t die or change a bit? Like I screwed it ALL the way in and no difference. It’s feels like coincidence of putting the baffles in and extra carb related issues. The only engine mods I’ve done as stated previously was put baffles in. I just wanna ride man after spending all this money and spending more. Like I said it ran great before the baffles. But idk man I’m at a loss right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Ok so I dismantled the carb and found 42 slow jets, 138 in the back and 134 in front cylinder jet size. I was thinking since i just restricted up the exhaust with baffles I’d put the 134 in the back and 130 in the front with
#40 slows any thought?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The back cylinder during this whole fiasco is super rich, found some trash in carb as well gonna soak and clean then blow with air.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Also when dismantling the carb the enrichers didn’t appear stuck and easily came out. Ordered a complete rebuild kit except diaphragams since they appear new and have no damage.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts