Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, just picked up my first bike on Sunday. Its a 1983 shadow 750, looks to be in decent shape. Has couple little issues, but expected for age. Won't stay running, and I can smell fuel leaking, and needs a battery. After all that, picked it up for $400 for a winter project. Looks to be all stock minus the saddle bags and someone put Harley Davidson pipes on it. Way it ran seemed like it just needs the carbs cleaned and adjusted. Anyways, here's a couple pics, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Nice one and good luck with your project! Welcome to the forum!!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome, nice bike. Noticed the headpipes are not that pretty anymore.
There are some nice pipes for sale at ebay. Maybe when you like the bike more looking nice, get them. Harder to find the older the bikes are getting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. ya the pipes arent the prettiest right now, bike hasnt been ridden in about a year they said, though the tags are 2011, looks like its been just as long since its been cleaned. right now my plan is to replace the missing battery cover, service it, get it running and clean everything as good as possible and go from there. I'm still stoked my wife let me get it, she never even entertained the idea before since her cousin was killed on one years ago, so when I found this and she let me get it i had to jump at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts