Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Stopped riding a few years back. Then developed an annoying itch which could only be solved by buying a new bike. Finally got wife to agree that it was medical/mental necessity so I picked up a new 2011 Phantom a few months ago.

Started feeling guilty about lurking at this site b/c there is ton of great info and folks and had to register.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the new Phantom. Great for riding around the back roads and in traffic.

As for comparing it to the Road King, that's a little tough with the RK being a touring bike and the Phantom as a cruiser. With that said, hands down the RK wins out in terms of comfort, highway, long hauls, two ups, and cargo. The other thing I liked about the RK is self canceling turn signals. I didn't even realize the Phantom didn't have them until I road it home! Took some googling to find out it wasn't a defect. :wink:

Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the Phantom and think it fits my style of riding better. Although I was proficient with the Road King, it was a little too much for the majority of rides I do now, tooling around for 100 - 150 a day mostly on the weekends. Once my wife stopped riding with me, the RK mostly sat in garage.

I wanted a bike that would allow me to enjoy riding again without the hassle of keeping a $20k clean and polished all time. Long story short, the Phantom was right up my alley as an easy to maintain bike, that is fully capable of being on highway during commutes and nimble enough for back country rodes which i enjoy the most. Plus with a shorter inseam, I feel more confident on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice looking bike. I considered the phantom. I went with a Spirit. I got it 3 days ago. I am proud of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts