Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Sabre
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, having owned standard and 70's bikes in my past I recently acquired a great deal on an 01 Sabre, bike started right up in the guys shed and I rode it around which was not like all the 70s hondas/yamahas I've previously been purchasing
The bike is a little weird to ride but I wanted something that I could keep relatively stock and always have available to ride. I've attached a pic sorry its not the best
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I think I'm a little too young to understand what "beatrice days" were haha!!
Yeah, I was much younger at the time. Driving a rich kids 440 Dodge packed full with college guys and the owner. Doing a ton plus in the car with all that humanity. Being edged on by the owner of the car to go faster. Those were the few Lincoln to Beatrice runs. And you know how straight those roads are.

Acres of hemp growing across the street from the campus. Guys smoking it and nothing happens. Would chase rabbits in the snow and wear them out on the bike I brought out. Iced up campus sidewalks that were on an incline going up to the class rooms. Both legs off the pegs for support, then 360'd down the sidewalk to the dorms trying to stay up after chasing rabbits. Don't know how many eyes were looking out the window. I just remember seeing a glimpse of one girl's face.

Remember going to the train depot. Saw a flat car and chained down to it was a GTO. Was Jacuzzi's son.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
271 Posts
Welcome to the forum ... hope that bike can handle the hills .....
Yes...the hills of Nebraska :ROFLMAO:. I kid. It's more hilly out west, but when I think Nebraska, I think flat cornfields.

I am actually planning on moving back there maybe next year. Moved away in 2012.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Sabre
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you
Yes...the hills of Nebraska :ROFLMAO:. I kid. It's more hilly out west, but when I think Nebraska, I think flat cornfields.

I am actually planning on moving back there maybe next year. Moved away in 2012.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you! I have actually lived in Iowa my entire life but I moved out here about 40 mins from hot springs SD, so yes I’m used to flat but there are some pretty good hills up here

1 - 20 of 29 Posts