Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just signed up today. I'm a new rider from Southern California's High Desert. 42yrs old, haven't ridden since 1986. Just got my M1 about a month ago throug the MSF course. I highly recommend them. Best $$ spent in a long time.

Bought a '05 Shadow Aero from CL, the seller was 2 miles away and it was the style I was looking for. I've done a few mods on it, with ideas for more.

I haven't ridden much because my daughter won't let me unless I lose 25 more lbs. She's holding me accountable. I sneak in rides when she's not around. Well, one really, she makes sure she's around. :shock:

This site has helped me out a whole lot! I couldn't figure out why it always died when I put it in gear during my tests. I found this site and a post mentioned the kickstand switch. I ran back into the garage with my pearl of wisdom and VOILA! IT WORKED!! Made my day!

Totally blessed to find this site. God is good. I prayed for an answer and you guys were there. I guess that makes you all answers to someone's prayer!

I think I've rambled on a bit much. Thank you for your time.:!:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know of Southenr Cal. Real well. Now on the central coast but still go south alot.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Weclome to the clan! I'm south of you a bit but I think all of So Cal is a desert right now!

·
Registered
256 Posts
welcome

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
With all that extra time from not riding you should have plenty of time for pics and posting. So where are they?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Welcome aboard from the high desert just east of you, Northern Nevada. Soon you will have passed the 3 post test, (kind of a stupid requirement... but I digress....) you'll find that posting questions over in the technical section generally meets with good results. There's a lot of folks over there with extensive wrenching experience that can explain how-to in very simple and understandable terms. Hope you have many hours and miles of enjoyable riding.

Ignore the many pleas and demands for pictures and then follow on complaints about pic size. Many around here are worse than a bunch of old pervs hanging around a teen cheerleader site!!

Again, Welcome!!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Welcome aboard from the high desert just east of you, Northern Nevada. Soon you will have passed the 3 post test, (kind of a stupid requirement... but I digress....) you'll find that posting questions over in the technical section generally meets with good results. There's a lot of folks over there with extensive wrenching experience that can explain how-to in very simple and understandable terms. Hope you have many hours and miles of enjoyable riding.

Ignore the many pleas and demands for pictures and then follow on complaints about pic size. Many around here are worse than a bunch of old pervs hanging around a teen cheerleader site!!

Again, Welcome!!
You make that sound like a bad thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts