Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow 750 America Classic Edition
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just bought my first cruiser, an all original 1997 Shadow 750 American Classic Edition. The bike has only one previous owner and only 7901 miles on the clock. Thats about 300 mile per year, I did over 300 miles on it over the first weekend I had it.
I love the bike, it looks fantastic and runs like a dream. I had planned on a bobber conversion, but the bike is so original I'm not sure I want to change it, it still has the stickers on the tank and chain guard! Maybe I'll buy another one to bobber?
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Hope you like it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Beautiful! It would be a shame to bobber it. Even the Deluxe model.

I would think about new tires, those look like the originals, Might have been replaced,,, should be date code stamped in. 3 or 4 digits, 1st 1 or 2 the week, last two the year. If it's XX96 or 97 I'd definitely put new tires on the list.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking bike.

I would not Bob such a nice looking bike,,,but that tank sticker would have to go!!!

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Nice bike! Sorry, but also have to put in my vote for keeping her good. Find something nasty that can only be improved by some TLC (Totally Ludicrous Cutting) and turn that into a bobber.

Shadows are good for long distance rides. Yes, I can put 200 or more miles on in a day, easy to do with these.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow 750 America Classic Edition
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking bike.

I would not Bob such a nice looking bike,,,but that tank sticker would have to go!!!

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Eric. The bike is so original I could show it in concourse d'elegance(after a good clean up and polish) but then you want to still have the stickers. Judges like that stuff 😄

1 - 13 of 13 Posts