Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought my first bike, a 2003 honda ss750, back in december and have been having a blast learning to ride. I've wanted a bike since high school, and now at 29 i finally made the decision to do it. I've been trying to do it the safe way by going to the motorcycle safety course and taking it slow. This forum has been a HUGE help with a lot of the questions i've had.

I have just got done installing a set of Roadhouse 65 slip ons, as well as the wide cat-eye taillight mod, a chrome radiator cover, and the kuryakyn iso grips, so if anyone has any questions about how to install any of that stuff, feel free to hit me up, i'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AKMorris said:
how do you like your roadhouse 65's?
I love them so far. I got them in the mail 2 hours before i had to be to work, and took one look at them and thought to myself "i think i can get 'em on". Sure enough, i got them installed with 1/2 an hour to spare, and rode it to work. They gave me the sound i'm looking for, although i wouldn't mind them being a bit louder. I'm tempted to take the baffles out, but i figure that would probably require a re-jet, which was the whole reason i decided on the roadhouse 65's.

·
Registered
460 Posts
welcome aboard!! sweet ride! how was the intasll on the tailight? and where did you get it from? i was looking at one from cruizercustomizing.com.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rollus1 said:
welcome aboard!! sweet ride! how was the intasll on the tailight? and where did you get it from? i was looking at one from cruizercustomizing.com.
I got it at Cruisercustomizing.com. Installation is pretty straight forward. You pretty much have to take the fender off to get it on. The wires that are attached to the new taillight aren't long enough. Several other reviews on cruisercustomizing.com say the same thing, so be prepared to splice them to the existing wires. It would also help to cover the fender with painters tape to prevent scratching, although i didn't follow this advice unfortunately. Oh, and the instructions that come with it have the color codes for the wires, make sure and follow those and the wiring part should be pretty simple. Other than that i love it, it looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.