Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my names Rob, and im new to the Honda world, and the motorcycle world. I just purchased an 84 Honda Shadow VT700, and ive only had it for 2 days! :mrgreen: Im still a new rider, took the MSF, all that stuff. Rode the bike home myself which really boosted my confidence. I still have alot to learn, and I look forward to talking to all the other Shadow owners out there!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
welcome.

i'm diggin' the new sig pic coop. what dam is that?
J. Strom Thurmond Dam, if you live in South Carolina, if you live in Georgia, right across the dam, they call it Clarks Hill Dam. They changed the name of the lake years ago(like late80's) and the Georgians are STILL protesting! The lake was named for Strom Thurmond!
Thanks, I thought it was pretty good, Park Ranger did not like me riding down the side walk to take it, it was not far:p probably 10-20 feet.
Coop

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome and congrats on your 'new to you' ride!! There seems to be a growing number of vt700's showing up here. Work on posting some pics of the bike asap as the group here loves their pics.
Say....Thats a nice bike :wink: What year/model Shadow is that? And if you dont mind me asking, where did you get that back fender? I want to remove the back rest and put a new fender on my shadow

·
Registered
49 Posts
By the way, I have the exact same ride, and I just got it a few months ago. However, mine's not ridable just yet. I'm a new rider as well. Weather is beautiful here in Seattle (finally) and it's driving me crazy that I don't have my shadow running right now!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Say....Thats a nice bike :wink: What year/model Shadow is that? And if you dont mind me asking, where did you get that back fender? I want to remove the back rest and put a new fender on my shadow
86 vt700 The rear fender is just the stock fender cut off just before the latching hardware for the passenger seat. Turned the fender 180* so the thin, rough edge is down toward the swing arm/reserve tank area. The rolled/factory edge that used to be down is now up and to the rear. Welded on some brackets to the frame at three points to bolt the fender to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.