Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone tomorrow I make the big leap and put down the steering wheel and pick up the handle bars :D. I'm purchasing a 2006 Honda VLX 600 this is will be my first bike and I have already gotten some slack about it from my friends and I haven't even gotten it :(. I've been looking for a few months and have decided that this will be the best for me for my first bike as I have zero riding skill or knowledge about motorcycles in general. I'm asking for a few words of wisdom for some of you veteran riders and help me feel better about my purchase :-D. Thank you all and be safe.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sounds like a good choice to me, congratulations. And welcome to the forum.

Post some pictures when you get it home.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Hey everyone tomorrow I make the big leap and put down the steering wheel and pick up the handle bars :D. I'm purchasing a 2006 Honda VLX 600 this is will be my first bike and I have already gotten some slack about it from my friends and I haven't even gotten it :(. I've been looking for a few months and have decided that this will be the best for me for my first bike as I have zero riding skill or knowledge about motorcycles in general. I'm asking for a few words of wisdom for some of you veteran riders and help me feel better about my purchase :-D. Thank you all and be safe.
RSC, sign up for it and take it if you haven't already!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bike looks pretty sharp. I wouldn't worry about your friends giving you flack. You'll like the bike and IF, once you have a little more experience and confidence, you decide you want a bigger bike.....You won't have any problem selling it. Have fun and ride the heck out of it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice looking scoot.

I'm a huge fan of Trailer Park Boys and I assume you are judging by your screen name.

Bubbles is actually a phenominal musician.

Welcome aboard.
Yeah I'm also a huge fan of TPB and use this screen name on many forums. I just caught their live show here in Houston in June and it was phenomenal and I paid the extra price to meet them after the show! :-D

As an update concerning motorcyles.. I had a little bit of a boo boo today :(. Due to the fact that both my mom and dad use the two spaces in the garage there is no room for my new toy so I just push it around back next to the garden. Well as I was pushing it I let go of the handlebars and it fell on its side onto this little metal pool we have and ended up getting a few minor scratches on the tail. Whats the best stuff to use to get rid of these scratches?

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Yeah I'm also a huge fan of TPB and use this screen name on many forums. I just caught their live show here in Houston in June and it was phenomenal and I paid the extra price to meet them after the show! :-D

As an update concerning motorcyles.. I had a little bit of a boo boo today :(. Due to the fact that both my mom and dad use the two spaces in the garage there is no room for my new toy so I just push it around back next to the garden. Well as I was pushing it I let go of the handlebars and it fell on its side onto this little metal pool we have and ended up getting a few minor scratches on the tail. Whats the best stuff to use to geoft rid these scratches?
I use this, it's available cheap at Walmart and it works great. DO NOT use any kind of rubbing compounds, they WILL damage your clearcoat.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
nothin wrong with a vlx 600,esp with you bein a new rider.my 1st bike was also a vlx 600 i purchased it new in 1994,so this is my 2nd vlx,its a little small for myself,but it was a good deal so i bought it. sure id love to have an 1100 or 1300 vtx,or a harley softail,but i got what i could afford and have just as much fun ridin it as my fellow riders who all own harleys..congrats on your bike and be safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.