Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, glad to have found a forum that shares in the same interest of bike I do! I'm a first time rider so i'm definatly excited to go down to the dealership on saturday and put the down payment on my new 07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I was gonna get a CBR but good o'l dad convinced me to go the cruiser route since he has a 07 VTX 1800. I'm taking my MSF class in a couple months and I can't wait for spring to come around to finally get to ride my new baby. No better way then a father and son to bond then ride together right? Plus I can't think of a better 21st bday present to myself! Any reviews or comments you guys can share on the 750?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Welcome! You'll find lots of good info here. The ss750 is probably my favorite bike in Honda's current line up because it's so modification friendly. You can turn those bikes into just about anything.

Out of curiousity, did you get the older 07 style that's chain driven or the brand new 07 style that shaft drive (you may or may not know, the ss had its first major design changes this year)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:

I'll be getting the new shaft driven its definatly alot less hassle when it comes to maintanence.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your MSF course.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I love my SS 750, has plenty of power and all sorts of aftermarket goodies you can get. I have mixed emotions about shaft drive though. While it is true there is less maintainence with the shaft, I can't help but think that it would be easier to remove the rear wheel with chain drive. Even though the shaft requires less maintainence, you still need to keep a check on the brakes and periodic lube of the axles. Just my .02...
By the way, Welcome to the forum, lots of good people around here with lots of knowledge...

·
Registered
270 Posts
eclynn1 said:
I love my SS 750, has plenty of power and all sorts of aftermarket goodies you can get. I have mixed emotions about shaft drive though. While it is true there is less maintainence with the shaft, I can't help but think that it would be easier to remove the rear wheel with chain drive. Even though the shaft requires less maintainence, you still need to keep a check on the brakes and periodic lube of the axles. Just my .02...
By the way, Welcome to the forum, lots of good people around here with lots of knowledge...
with the shaft the wheel just slides off . And putting it back you just slide it back on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome and you will love the 750....take it very easy, still alot of bike for a new rider, but with the proper break-in of both bike and rider, you'll do well....Mick

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the group.. It's a fantastic group to join here. The people are super and great with helpful hints and are a lot of fun too.. With a few of us newbies, the experienced riders have been wonderful here helping out. Enjoy the site.. It's a great one!! :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Aero98 said:
eclynn1 said:
with the shaft the wheel just slides off . And putting it back you just slide it back on.
Thanks Aero98, I never knew how they came apart. I've had some experience with chains, so I have that comfort level there. My 4 wheeler has a shaft but I've never been into it, just oil changes. Its an 87 model so thats gotta tell you something about the dependability and less maintainence. Thanks...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts