Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just given a 95 shadow vt1100 might be an ace from everything I’m looking at. My brother in-law stripped it down so it needs to be put back together. I rode it before he started working on it hoping it still runs nice when I put it back together. I’m not sure what direction I’m going to go with it. I kind of like the fairing, but not the new bars in the second photo. What do you guys think?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fuel tank

· Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
2,211 Posts
Start with the stock bars and also put the stock pipes back on. Your ears will love you for it. :) At least go with longer pipes, back behind your ear shot.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Start with the stock bars and also put the stock pipes back on. Your ears will love you for it. :) At least go with longer pipes, back behind your ear shot.
I’ll definitely start with the stock bars. The stock pipes are gone. I’ll look into getting different ones. I feel bad taking them off he supposedly had them custom made they are a bit obnoxious though.

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,791 Posts
I’ll definitely start with the stock bars. The stock pipes are gone. I’ll look into getting different ones. I feel bad taking them off he supposedly had them custom made they are a bit obnoxious though.
Welcome to the forum.

I will bet they are more than just a bit obnoxious,,,wait till you have ridden the bike for a couple hours at speed.

If it were my bike the ape hangers would definitely have to go. Not sure about the fairing, but then a few years ago I would not have thought I would have a bike with a windshield.

Do the least amount of changes until you have ridden the bike for a while. Then you will have a better feel for what you want to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
151 Posts
Hey guys I was just given a 95 shadow vt1100 might be an ace from everything I’m looking at. My brother in-law stripped it down so it needs to be put back together. I rode it before he started working on it hoping it still runs nice when I put it back together. I’m not sure what direction I’m going to go with it. I kind of like the fairing, but not the new bars in the second photo. What do you guys think? View attachment 306369
View attachment 306368
Cant go wrong with an 1100 Shadow. Plenty of power, comfortable and reliable Honda quality. I am not a fan of the exhaust nor the apes.......just saying.

· Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
20,327 Posts
Lollipop baffles would help and be adjustable to your taste for not a lot of money.
Look for other exhaust in the mean time.

· Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys I was just given a 95 shadow vt1100 might be an ace from everything I’m looking at. My brother in-law stripped it down so it needs to be put back together. I rode it before he started working on it hoping it still runs nice when I put it back together. I’m not sure what direction I’m going to go with it. I kind of like the fairing, but not the new bars in the second photo. What do you guys think? View attachment 306369
View attachment 306368
stock bars with the fender would be an awsome wind blocker! windshields rule!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts