Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the group I have a 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit vt1100. Trying to change out the rear fender will a ace 750 Fender work I prefer to have a fender that wraps around the tire instead of a duckbill fender? Or is there another Fender that will match up that anyone is aware of I know they only made my bike for a very short. Of time from my knowledge there is very little that is interchangeable or that is custom made for this bike aftermarket wise

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,711 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I think the Sabre 1100 is interchangeable with the Spirit, they use the same struts. But don’t quote me on that one. I had bought one to do the same thing, but I never even attempted to mount it. The wife stopped riding pillion and got her own bike, so I went bobber sans fenders and a spring seat.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,550 Posts
Seat mounting seems to be the biggest obstacle between the Sabre and the Spirit w/o using the Sabre seat. Fender rails appear similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was no 2000 1100 Ace. It was replaced by the Sabre that year.
I have a 2002 honda shadow spirit I want to put a fender like what is on the ace or one that follows the tire is what I was saying is there any Shadow fenders like the following that will fit or Harley or what Fender is similar to that style that is easy to fabricate

·
Registered
610 Posts
That Ace fender that was posted seems to be from a 2000 Ace Tourer as I don't believe the regular Ace had the stainless fender extension. ,,, best guess, could have been added.. Would need the dimensions between mounting holes on the fender struts for the various models. The Ace Tourer shared some stuff with the Sabre, The Struts are differen in that the Sabre and Spirit dont have the Tourer seat mount tabs on the struts. The rest may very well be the same,

The Tourer strut mounting holes are center-to-center, from front to middle, right at 7-7/16" and from middle to rear 4-1/4" if that helps. If the Spirit is the same it may just bolt on. you'd need a Tourer Taillight also most likely.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Now I'n wondering if the Tourer and/or regular Ace fender struts may work on the Spirit and allow use of the Ace/Tourer 2 piece seat??? Quick and easy solo seat setup if it did.

Edit: Also possibly the Ace or Tourer fender and strut combo might work, The Sabre fender and/or strut is also a possibility. Short of physically trying them I don't think there's any way to tell. Honda did use a lot of stuff from other models on the Tourer, but there are also unique pieces. The frames are definitely different and unique between the Ace, Spirit and Tourer. That's the trouble with a larger manufacturer, If your volume is high enough, the cost difference between re-designing something and using an off the shelf part drops to an acceptable level. Maybe they removed the seat tabs from the Tourer or Ace and gave it a new number for the Spirit, and/or added the helmet lock, reflector holes etc. maybe a completely different design on all 4 models, Be interesting to know...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts